Perfection and liar

Luke POV

I felt something moving around and when I opened I saw Sara trying to gather her clothes. Does she want to leave I wondered as I looked at her. She walked out and came with her back and entered my bathroom without looking at me. It felt like she was in rush. I closed my eyes just to process what happened last night.

I should be happy but I felt nothing just emptiness. It felt like something is missing from my life. Was it a good idea to ask Sara to be my girlfriend? I wondered. I heard the bathroom door opening and I knew it was Sara that came out of it. I just pretended being asleep because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable if she wanted to leave. I'm sure she felt the fact we didn't had no chemistry what so ever.

After I took a shower and got ready for work I went down. I smelt coffee as I got near the kitchen. There was Sara looking perfectly put together as she made pancakes. She felt that I was standing there because she looked at me with shy smile. She looked like she had makeup on because her lips were glossy. That's why she was sneaking around I thought. I saw Alice putting heavy and light makeup on so I knew when someone had makeup on

"Good morning... you look great." I said sitting down. She smiled shyly

"Stop lying I just woke and I look like a monster." She said blushing and I looked at her like if something was wrong with her. Was she fishing complement or was she serious. But I said nothing I just looked at my mails. Somehow I missed Alice's morning complains as she walked around as her hair faced every direction you could think of. I missed seeing her drinking coffee with closed eyes as she looked grumpy.

"Here you go." Sara said stopping me from thinking about her. I smiled and started eating. Her pancakes were delicious. Everything looked perfect and I don't remember having a perfect breakfast.

"It looks and tests delicious Sara.. Thank you." I said as I drank my coffee. After I finished I thanked her again

"I'm going take you out tonight so be ready at seven." I said as we walked out towards our cars and she nodded. I looked at her and she was looking at her feet.

"Have a good day Sara." I said as I kissed her cheek. She nodded her head and opened her car door. I guess she's too shy. I was looking forward to seeing Alice. I don't know why but I liked the fact that she would be there with my coffee.

I was right because the second I settled down Alice came in with my coffee. She looked at me and gave me a professional smile that didn't reach her eyes. I felt the urge to ask her to give a real smile and look at me the way she used to. I missed the times she would notice the minor changes I made. The times she would make fun of me.

"Good morning sir.. here's your coffee and the schedule for the day." She said looking at me but it felt like she wasn't looking at me. Her eyes were on me but I felt like I was an empty wall that she's not interested in.

"Good morning Alice.. thank you." I said giving her a genuine smile.

"How are you Alice?" I asked her. I wished if she would tell me that she's feeling empty like me and that she missed our old times.

"I'm fine thank you sir but I was wondering when we can start looking for a potential PA." She asked me and I felt like something was choking me. I felt someone is twisting my insides. I realized that only three months left for Alice and then she will quit. I will never see her again.

"Whenever you want. You can pick it." I said looking down at my computer. It bothered me that she was going to leave me. I know it shouldn't bother me

"I will inform you before I start interviewing." She said and walked away but I stopped her

"I asked Sara to be my girlfriend and she accepted it." I said. I don't know why I told her. I wanted her to be angry and jealous. Isn't that what people in love do? They don't like seeing the person they love with someone else.

"I'm happy for you sir. You're going to make a cute babies... Don't forget that you promised to invite me to your wedding." She said with smile.

"Are you really happy for me Alice?" I asked her. Somehow I wished she would say no and get angry

"There's no reason for me to not be happy for you." She said with smile. I stood up and walked towards her. I stopped in front of her... I was close but not close enough. My hands formed like I wanted to throw a fist. But I was just trying to stop myself from touching her. My heart was beating hard and my body was pulling me towards her

"I don't know... I heard that people are never happy for their exes." I said looking at her

"That's right but you're not my ex.. there was nothing between us." She said looking at me with those dark eyes. My throat tightened and I had to gulp down my saliva. It felt like she bunched me right in my gut. For a second I couldn't breathe.

"Go back to work Alice." I said as I returned to my seat. I heard her closing the door. So she lied to me. She never loved me because if she loved me she would never say those fucking words. Five months together didn't mean nothing to her. She was just using me that's why she told me that she loves me so she can continue to use me. I dodged a bullet. If she's happy without me then I've to show her that I'm also happy without her. I made a phone call and I got the answer that I wanted. I called Alice to come to my office

"What can I help you with sir." She said. She's really a good liar. And I thought I broke her heart

"I found a PA but she needs a little practice before she can start. And I want you to show her everything so she can take over after you leave." I said harshly. I just can't look at her lying face.

"Of course sir... when can she start?" She asked

"Tomorrow and I want you to train her good but don't tire her because she's important to me... she's my my girlfriend and soon to be fiancé." I said with smirk

"Sara?" She asked