Prologue

Mist circled the forest floor as the moonlight was the only source of light a person could use to find their way around. The forest animals had all retreated into the safety of the trees or an open meadow. Dark creatures lurked through the forest. Black wolves with red eyes whose howls chilled you to the bone. Not a soul but the wolves lurked the woods and strange creatures the wolves were, their paws hit the forest floor soundlessly . They were like shadows sweeping across the moonlit floor. The largest of the wolves pounced up to a rock ledge and howled at the moon. The other hundred wolves perked up their ears and howled back. Then every one sprinted in the same direction, north to a dark fortress hidden in the trees. The gates creaked open and the wolves pounded across the long bridge to the castle. The wolves dispersed and the large one along with two others approached the front doors. Theses wolves were family. Created by magic, they could speak, run fast, and disappear into the night. The large wolf was the father and the two smaller ones were his son and daughter. The leader had a scar over his left eye and spoke in a deep voice. The two children snapped at each other. The doors flew open and the three wolves walked in. They bowed before a throne stationed in the middle of the room. In it sat a woman. She wore a dark dress and high heeled boots. Her long black hair fell in spirals down her back. Her dress was cut off in the front below her waist and tights covered her legs. The dress part was black with red feathers here and there. She Set her feet on the ground and turned to them.

"Your majesty," spoke the leader.

"Tell me," said the woman. "Why you stand in front of me, with no food."

"Everything was barren," said the son. "Your majesty." he added hastily.

"There was nothing there," said the daughter.

"Sliske, Lusha," said their father. "Let me do the talking."

The two stepped down.

"Lucifer," said the queen.

"Your Majesty?"

"Do you know what hungry wolves do?"

"Become restless, your majesty?" Lucifer answered.

"Exactly," said the queen. "And I can't have restless wolves now can I?"

"No, your majesty," said Lucifer.

"How can I over throw Maleficent if I have restless wolves!" She raised her glass and threw it against the walls sending it shattering into a thousand pieces.

Sliske jumped and backed away. Lusha snickered at him.

The queen regained her sanity and turned to them with a dark expression on her face. "Get me food and feed my wolves if it is the last thing you do."

The wolves slunk out of the room and the queen looked at a wall length mirror on the far wall. Smoke billowed and a foggy image appeared of a girl of about the age of fifteen with her friends playing in a old warehouse. They were spray-painting walls with LONG LIVE EVIL. The girl had short purple hair and green eyes. The queen smiled wickedly at the image.

"Oh, Mal," she said. "You'd better watch out. I'm coming for you."

On the shores of Auradon, in a highly decorated room, Mal, daughter of Maleficent woke up with a start.