the hero;

It was a dark and stormy night, and the rain was pounding on the windows. Remus and Tonks were sleeping, and they couldn't hear the storm.

At midnight, their bedroom door opened slowly. A small kid entered the room with a stuffed toy in his hand. After many tries, a 4-year-old Teddy climbed the bed.

He stood there wondering what to do. He moved near his mother, but Remus opened his eyes first. He saw a silhouette on the bed, and then he realized who was sitting there.

"Hey Teddy!" Remus whispered.
"Hi, dad!"
"What happened?" Remus asked when he took Teddy in his arms.

Teddy was holding the stuffed wolf his parents gave him when he turned 1 year old. Remus' heart melted.

"Did the storm scare you?" Remus asked as soon as he heard the storm.
"Not really..." Teddy hugged his toy.
"Then what happened?"
"I think... I think I have a monster under my bed, dad!"
Remus tried to hold a smirk.
"A monster?"
"Yes, a monster! I heard some strange noises! And dad, I'm sorry that I woke you up..."
"Don't worry, kiddo. If you have a problem, you can always wake us up." He kissed the top of Teddy's nose.

"Now listen", he continued when he saw Tonks moving, "we don't want to wake up mommy so you're gonna sleep here with mommy and dad and tomorrow I'll get rid of that monster."
"Thanks!" Teddy responded, giggling.

Remus lay down on the bed and held Teddy tightly at his chest and gently ruffling his bright blue hair.

•••

In the morning, the sunbeams flood the room. Teddy was still sleeping when his father woke up. Remus put Teddy gently near his plushie and covered him with the blanket. He left the bedroom and found Tonks in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Morning Dora!"
"Good morning!"
Remus stretched out his arms and yawned.
"How did you sleep?"
"Pretty good, actually... How come Teddy decided to sleep with us?" To see them sleeping together was her weakness.

"He told me that he has a monster under his bed..."
"Really?"
"Mhmm, he was afraid to sleep alone, so I told him he can sleep with us."
"Sooooo... what are you gonna do now, dad?" she teased him.
"I think I've got an idea-"

They turned around when Teddy entered the kitchen and started waving at them.

•••

"So, young man, you think you have a monster under your bed." Remus said, standing in front of Teddy's room.

"Yes!" Teddy responded, frightened. "But I don't want to enter..."
"Don't be scared, Teddy. I have a plan, and everything's gonna be fine."

Remus sat down on a chair in Teddy's room and put the little boy on his knees. To calm him down, he pulled out his wand. Teddy looked at it, amazed.
"Woooah! Can I touch it?"
Remus handed Teddy his wand.

"Now, I'll show you a spell that can destroy monsters in a second." Remus said calmly as soon as Teddy finished admiring the wand.
"And the monster will leave me alone?"
"I promise it will leave you alone."

Teddy couldn't wait to see the miracle.
Remus moved his wand in the air and said, "Expecto Patronum!"

The transparent wolf ran under the bed and then came back to them. Remus pet the wolf's forehead. Still sitting on Remus' knees, Teddy reached out his hand and pet the wolf giggling.

"Wooow, this is amazing! When can I have a pet like this?"
"When you will be old enough, Teddy." Remus touched the top of Teddy's nose and smiled.

The wolf disappeared. Near the bed, Remus saw a toy. That was probably the source of the noises that scared Teddy.

"You did it, dad!" the little boy exclaimed, clapping his hands.
Remus nodded happily and scooped Teddy up in his arms.
"From now on, you don't have to be terrified by monsters, this spell will protect you from them."
"Thank you!" Teddy responded before wrapping his arms around his father's neck.

"Looks like my boys have been hard at work... Did you get rid of that monster?"
"Mommy!"
Teddy saw Tonks from over Remus' shoulder.
She held her arms out for Teddy, and Remus passed him to her.
"Did you see the wolf mommy? Did you see it? A wolf was here, in my room, and scared the monster. My dad is a hero!"

Remus smiled softly and pulled them into a hug.
"Of course he's a hero, darling!" Tonks kissed Teddy's forehead. "He's our hero..."

after 2 years of inactivity, I came back from the dead, just like Remus and Tonks did in my new chapter.

this book finally came to an end. I updated it with two more chapters, "the telephone" and "wounds 2" and I also changed the order of the chapters. if you want to read the chapters in the initial order, look at the number of the views. the chapters with lots of views are the oldest.

never expected this book to blow up. honestly, I consider it pretty corny and a bit repetitive.

thanks for everything! <3