[| 08 |]

"So, Ms. Hamilton. I am told that you're here to get a check up for your pregnancy. Is that correct?" Dr. Raines asked, flashing a smile.

"Yeah it is." I said.

"And you are? The husband? Boyfriend?" He asked turning to Brian.

"Brian. I'm her boyfriend." He said.

Dr. Raines put his hand out for Brian to shake.

He took it and I could see him grasping it hard.

Dr. Raines didn't look fazed by it, he just smiled and pulled away, turning back to me.

"So, Cynthia. Is it alright if I call you Cynthia?" He asked gently.

I nodded with a smile.

"Is this your first pregnancy?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm really nervous too." I told him honestly.

I felt Brian grasp my hand and i looked over at him, giving him a smile.

"There's absolutely nothing to be nervous about Cynthia. Most first time mothers are extremely nervous because the pregnancy wasn't planned and they don't plan on keeping the child. Are you planning on keeping the child?" Dr. Raines asked.

"Yes of course." I told him quickly.

"It wasn't planned but we are definitely excited about it." Brian said, a smile coming across his face.

I grinned and pulled his hand up to my lips, kissing it gently.

"Very good to hear. So, do you want to see how far along you are?" He asked me with a grin.

I nodded vigorously.

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to lay flat on the table and pull your gown up past your stomach." He said.

I nodded and laid back flat, Brian sitting by my head and grasping my hand gently between his.

I pulled the gown up passed my underwear and up to the bottom of my bra.

Brian looked extremely uncomfortable about me laying on a table half naked.

But Dr. Raines came forward and covered my bottom half with a plastic type blanket.

He turned on the ultra sound machine and got the cold gel.

He rubbed it across my stomach and I shivered.

"Sorry. It's a little cold." The doctor said with a chuckle.

I giggled and looked at the screen.

"That's not gonna hurt her, right?" Brian asked immediately as he got closer to me with the hand held object.

"Of course not. No pain at all." Dr. Raines reassured him.

Brian sat back and looked at the screen with me.

The doctor rubbed the wand over my belly, pushing gently until he stopped and looked at the screen.

I saw a tiny little movement and then I heard an echo.

My eyes started to fill with tears as I looked over at Brian, his eyes mesmerized by the screen.

Brian looked down at me and smiled as he wiped at the tears.

He leaned forward and started to kiss my forehead.

"That's our baby." He whispered between kisses.

I giggled and hugged his head to my chest.

I looked over at Dr. Raines and he was squinting at the screen.

"Is the baby healthy?" I asked him, starting to get worried at his silence.