chapter 3

Emily POV

I needed to leave, I needed to built a wall to stop my feelings, I couldn't let her in.

When I woke up this day I decided to go out for a run before packing my things up. Before leaving the apartment I sent a text to Spencer saying that I was going back to Texas in the afternoon, she answered that she was going to come for lunch to say goodbye. I took my headphones and put music on while I stepped out of the building.

Alison POV

I can't stop replaying yesterday moment, I can't. I feel so guilty, so ashamed of how I treated her, I should have been nice and polite and trying to create something with her. Instead of that, I let my fears be bigger than what my heart wanted.
I couldn't sleep last night, so I took my laptop and search for every Emily Fields details. I found her twitter profile and learnt about some things. She lives in Texas but has an apartment here. She was the best swimmer of her high school. There were an article or something linked to a Laura something death, I don't know why but maybe she knew her.

I need to apology, I need to make things better between us, I don't want to see her sad... I want to see her beautiful smile, her perfect lips which I could spend my life kissing. Oh. My. God. I am totally in love with this girl.

I called the college administration as soon as it opened and asked for Emily Fields address. I made up a story saying she had something important like a book and I really needed it so I had to take it back.
2720 Private street, apartment 5
youhouuuuuu!

I took a shower, made my hair and make up. I chose my outfits, black jeans and a cute shirt, I put my shoes on and stepped out of the room.

I found myself in front of Emily's building. I didn't know what to do, she was probably still sleeping, I checked my watch : 8:30am... Maybe she didn't sleep much and need to sleep right now to catch up, maybe she isn't there and is with another girl, maybe she is with a girl right now doing some private things. I get out of the car and went to her door. I looked for apartment number 5 and touch on the button to call her.

One only way to know if she was here or not.

20 seconds

30 seconds

1 minute

5 minutes and I was still in front of the door.

Maybe she isn't here, or maybe she doesn't want to see me. I decided to wait a little bit there.

Emily POV

I run for almost one hour and I already felt better, I decided to go and take a coffee at the Brew, and went home.

On my way, I saw someone in front of my building and I rapidly recognized Alison. How did she find this place? What does she want? What am I going to do?
Two choices are offering to me right now :
- I can act like a child and let her here and going back in another way
- Or I can go and see.

Even if my heart was telling be to step back, my head was saying to let her speak because she probably had something to say.
I went for the second option.

I walked until I saw she remarked me, and I stopped. She stood up and walked towards me.

Even if she is the reason I cried all night, even if I decided to go away for her, seeing her makes my heart flutter. And I know she feels the same.

"Emily"
"What are you doing here Alison?"
"I came to explain"
"There is nothing to explain, you already talked to me yesterday"
"Please let me talk to you, I need it" she said begging
"You've got 5 minutes, but now here. Come in" I said as I turned the keys and opened the doors. She was following me. My apartment was on the second floor. I opened the doors and let her in. She saw my suitcase on my bed and she turned to look at me.

"Are you leaving?" she asked
"Yes"
"Is it because of me?" she asked again
"Is that what you wanted to tell me?"
"Emily, I made a mistake yesterday, I shouldn't have told you that 'us' wasn't appropriate. Even if this is, my head, my heart and all my body want you. I know you feel the same, I know you can feel the electricity in your whole body just when I touch you" she said taking my hand in hers.

The situation looks like yesterday except that today I am the one who can push away. I am the one who decide our future. I can let her go or I can let her in. Two choices, one girl, thousand risks.

Her words are so good to hear, that my head wants to let my hand in hers.

Alison POV

I'm holding Emily's hand, and it feels good, I can feel the butterflies all over my stomach. She smiles a little and I decide to take it as an advantage, I reduce the space between us and look right into her eyes, then her lips and feeling a little bold I put my lips on hers, slowly and softly, just as I dreamt to do since I met her.
We disconnect, and we are looking at each other, like if the world was waiting for us to reconnect again. I let her hand goes and cups her face in my hands to kiss her again. But this time she kisses back, the kiss is more passionate, and I know she won't go anywhere right now, because she has something now, she has me, and my heart.

Hey ! So finally a kiss, or more like two kisses :) hope you liked it ! don't hesitate to follow me on Twitter (@PieterseGirl)
have a good day guys :)