Chapter 22: Almost Normal Summer

After the talk with my dad, Jewel took me home so I could fully rest. I was just glad that Alyssa was finally back and I didn’t have to worry about her. Jewel even mentioned how she knew Violet because of Makino.

“The day Violet left was the same day Ember and I decided to leave as well. The three of us practically grew up together but Violet was special because of her portals. Ember and I found a device on the ship that allowed us to get forms to blend in. I haven’t seen Ember since I left that universe to help against Dark Violet.” Jewel says.

“Who’s Ember?” I asked while sitting on my bed. Jewel chuckles and poofs into her human form. “He was a stubborn ultralink that has a temper. I don’t know what he’s doing currently but, I would like to see him again. Besides that, Violet and I are good friends. I just wish I could help her get a human form as well. Ember and I destroyed the device right before we left so no one else could have that ability.” She says.

I look to her and I could tell that Jewel seemed sad talking about her past. “Hey now. Maybe you’re better off like this with me. I have yet to be scolded for getting linked with you so uh, yeah.” I said. “Are you not allowed to be linked?” Jewel asked.

“Actually, my Uncle Forge didn’t want to risk it. My dad is going to tell him and then we’ll have to go in and possibly get yelled at. So enjoy the time we have now before that happens.” I said. Jewel frowns but nods in understanding.

I look around my room and realized that there was nothing to do. I sighed while getting up. “Lets head back to N-Tek to check on Alyssa.” I said. “After you sleep. We’ll go in the morning.” Jewel says. I didn’t realize how tired I actually was until she mentioned it. “Fine. But let me set you up.” I said.

Third POV

“Come on! Let me wake up!” a girl shouted in the dream. There was a laugh and the girl turned to find a shadow. “I’ll always be a part of you. I will be back and it won’t be so easy for you to escape my grasp.” The shadow said. The girl’s eyes widened but then she heard a familiar voice. It was muffled but she watched the dream fade away as she woke up to the voice.

“Alyssa! Come on, you need to wake up!” Violet says in her head. Alyssa opens her eyes and looks around before hearing a pair of voices coming her way. She closes her eyes and listened.

“How can you be sure Alyssa will be herself and not Dark Violet!? I know you two were friends but its been awhile since you last saw her.” Forge says. “Uncle Ferrus, Violet is doing everything she can to help Alyssa. Once she wakes up, she can go home so she can be safe.” Max says.

“And there’s the fact that Tachya has an ultralink now. Its hard to believe that she has one.” Steel says. Alyssa mentally winces at the mention of another ultralink. “When did this happen!? Explain now!” Forge says. Alyssa took the moment to groan just to shift the subject away from Tachya and her new ultralink.

“Alyssa?” Max asked. She opens her eyes and gives a sad smile. “Hey. Did I miss much?” she asked. Instead of answering, Max and Steel give her a hug. “I’m so glad you’re okay. We’ve been worried about you since you got corrupted.” Max says. “Did Violet tell you guys?” Alyssa asked.

“Yes and no. I did tell them but Tachya did as well.” Violet says coming out of the link. “Salty as ever, aren’t you?” she asked. Violet groans but didn’t zap Alyssa like before. “I’ll let it slide for now but we’ve got some stuff to do. And your friend Morgan has been busy with her own ultralink named Ember.” Violet says.

“Morgan? When did you find the time to see her? And then the school I missed while this happened! Ugh.” Alyssa groaned realizing her own problems. “I’m sure you’ll be fine. Time probably went slower in your universe while we were here. But we should be going.” Violet says.

Looking to Forge, Max, and Steel, Alyssa smiled. “I guess I’ll see you guys soon. Tell Tachya that I said hi as well.” The blonde says while going through Violets portal. Once it closed on their side, everyone resumed what they were doing.

Tachya POV

I woke up the next morning to find myself smelling pancakes. I rush out of bed and see my parents at the table with Steel and Jewel. “Morning Tachya. I made breakfast so we can go hangout like a family.” Mom says. I smiled and sat down to eat the presented food.

Glancing at my dad, I could tell he didn’t seem that happy. “Are you okay dad?” I asked through a mouthful of bacon. He chuckles at my words but then he sighs. “Violet and Alyssa went home. Once we stop Dredd, everything will be okay again. And we can get the backyard fence fixed because we haven’t done that yet.” Dad says while sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

Mom sighs as she leaves the table to see the damage our fence has taken. “So, I think I’ll go now. I have stuff to do and my adoptive parents could be worried about me. They don’t know that I’m an ultralink.” Jewel says. “You have parents?” Steel asked.

Jewel nods. “It was necessary to blend in and to watch Tachya.” She says. Jewel gets up and waves bye as she left the house. I look to my dad and Steel and could tell they were confused. “You okay Dad?” I asked. He blinks his eyes then nods. “Yeah. I didn’t expect Jewel to have a family to go to.” He says. I sighed and glanced around the room.

Because Dark Violet was gone, it technically would become a normal life minus the fact that I’m now linked with Jewel and could help out with whoever is trying to attack the city. My start to a not so beautiful summer break. Yay.