Chapter 24: Turbo Marathon

I grumbled the entire way there. I wanted to help my dad but I let Josh play the leader and 'convince' me to just go to N-Tek. Jewel didn't even say anything on the way to N-Tek. She just decided to stay in our link to catch some sleep. I'd do the same if I didn't have the worried thought about my dad. 'Dad and Steel have been doing this for years. Why am I worried about them when they've always come back fine?

The only thing I thought about doing was hanging out in the holo-sim. Because my life couldn't be any worse right now. I walk into the holo-sim and find Josh laying in the simulated version of the park. "Hey Tachya. I'm sorry about earlier." Josh apologizes. "No, its my fault. I don't know why I'm so worried about my dad and Steel when they've been doing this longer than I have. I guess I just want to have a purpose." I stated.

Josh went to say something when a portal appeared and we saw Alyssa and Violet came through. 'I thought she was still healing after Dark Violet?' I thought. Alyssa grinned when she saw us.

"Hey you lovebirds. How's everything been since I was last here?" She asked. "Alyssa! Uh, its been fine. Why do you ask?" I asked. "Your dad wanted to show me something. Do you know where he is?" She asked. "He was fighting Dredd but, I'm pretty sure he's back now. Berto was giving Daron and I the basics of N-Tek." Hyden's voice answered.

"Are you sure he's back, Hyden? He could've gone home or is still fighting my father." Josh points out. I glanced towards Hyden and Alyssa did the same. I watched as the 14 year old stumbled backwards at the sight of Alyssa. Alyssa frowns at the action.

"Don't worry. I'm not possessed by Dark Violet anymore. At least, I hope not." Alyssa states. Violet gives the blonde a zap making her yelp in pain. "Sorry. Last time I saw you was asking Dark Violet. What was it like?" Hyden asked shyly. "It was interesting, to say the least. But probably similar to when Makino took control of Max. 'Drowning in a sea of farts.' is how Max described his experience in Makino's mind. Otherwise, I'm surprised that you, Daron, and Josh aren't fussing over your villain parents." Alyssa states.

"How did you-" Josh began before Alyssa cut him off. "I could still see and hear what was going on, dork. And I knew about you guys already because in my universe, you guys are my original characters. Simple really." She shrugged.

"They aren't like you. But Dark Violet made you watch everything that happened!?" Violet asked, clearly annoyed. I glanced towards the entrance to the holo-sim and noticed my dad and Steel standing there. I rushed over to him and gave him a bear hug. He returns the gesture while taking the chance to talk. "What are you doing here, Alyssa? I thought you were going to rest after that ordeal?" Dad asked.

"Don't you remember texting me to come? I'm only here because I got a message from you during lunch at school." Alyssa answered. Dad shook his head. "I haven't talked to you since a few days ago when you woke up in the med-bay. Maybe you got hacked." Dad suggests. Alyssa growls in annoyance. "Its not like I'm failing my Spanish class because I've been doing hero work for these universes. And not to mention getting possessed for nearly a month!" Alyssa exclaims.

When I thought things couldn't get worse, Violet began to go on the fritz. Alyssa immediately scooped her ultralink up and started to check for anything causing the brief malfunction. "Are you okay?" Alyssa asked. "I-I'm not s-sure. Everything seems to check out fine in my system diagnostics." Violet answered. Steel flew over and scanned her as well. "I'm not seeing anything wrong. Maybe Berto can give her a check up." Steel suggests. I watched as Alyssa's lips moved but no sound came out.