six。

he couldn't help being giddy in class. that short, casual conversation taehyung had shared with yoongi the previous night played in his head over and over, despite him telling himself it wasn't anything to be so excited over. saying that didn't help at all, in fact. neither did assuring himself he hadn't already developed a crush on the adorable little shut-in.

he daydreamed in class. caught himself a couple times, luckily, which only caused him to feel embarrassed and paranoid everyone had seen him staring and smiling into space.

again, he couldn't help it. yoongi had said he'd order from insomnia cookies again, and that if possible, he would prefer taehyung to be his delivery boy rather than someone else.

so yeah, it was pretty much the only thing on his mind.

he still had concerns about that man. his visit at yoongi's place, despite how nice and enjoyable it had been, opened taehyung's eyes as to how the man was living, evidently in not the most desirable conditions. and he still hadn't been able to shake the memory of yoongi's worrisome 'i can't go out' after which no explanation followed.

so as much as it would be an excuse to see the cute man again, delivering to his doorstep would also be another way of checking up on him. even if only briefly.

although hopefully if he were lucky taehyung would be invited over again sometime soon.

no, stop, you're getting ahead of yourself.

his classes ended, finally, and not long afterwards tae was on his way to insomnia cookies to start work. he already predicted hoseok and jungkook would tease him if they happened to notice how eager he was to work that day - and it was a given, because nothing that taehyung wanted to get by them ever got by them. it was almost like they had 'opportunity to poke fun at taetae' sensors.

well, not 'almost'. hoseok even admitted to it one time.

regardless, taehyung wasn't about to let that size down his good mood. he waltzed into the shop at quarter of ten that night, enthusiasm painted across his face for all to see. hoseok was already there. he sat at one of the empty tables and played on his phone until it was time to clock in.

"you starting at ten, too?" taehyung asked his friend, who looked up at him curiously.

"why, yes, i am," hoseok replied. "someone looks awfully cheerful today. classes go really well?" he chuckled, not trying to hide his joking tone of voice.

"well, i guess so."

"mm. anything else you wanna share?"

"not particularly. what about you?"

the redhead rolled his eyes in disbelief. "mhm. nothing new with me, taetae, same old, same old. hey, can i ask you a question-?"

just then the door to the shop opened and in walked jungkook, who proudly announced his presence for the sole purpose of interrupting his friends' conversation.

"jungkook is here, stop the party, what's going on, fellas?"

"you're so obnoxious."

"i am not," the youngest protested. "you're just mean. so what were you two talking about?"

"oh, the goings-on, you know," hoseok said with a shrug, glancing in taehyung's direction. "and now that i think of it, i believe - and correct me if i'm wrong, taetae - you had a date yesterday, did you not?"

"i did not!" the mention of that four-letter word triggered tae's fight or flight response. "i told you already, hyung, it was just coffee."

"that's the number one synonym for date. isn't it, jungkook?"