Why should I Work With Him?! : Chapter 04

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Wen Chao," those words escaped from my lips as my eyes started to observe the entire situation

"Wen Chao," those words escaped from my lips as my eyes started to observe the entire situation. I averted my gaze towards my partner. Wang Yibo's sharp eyes already started to scan Wen Chao and his people. Attentive uh? My lip muscles twitched as I tried to control my smile but they betrayed me and a small smile formed on my lips.

"Hey, Wang Yibo...why don't you try to eavesdrop  their conversation?" I asked, poking Wang Yibo with my elbow while my eyes were observing Wen Chao's movements.

"Why don't you do it yourself," Wang Yibo replied while keenly watching Wen Chao's activities.

"My ears are not that sharp," I huffed.

"Same here,"

"Mr. Yibo you...."

Before I could say anything that iceberg Wang Yibo shifted his sharp gaze and gave a death glare to me.

"Don't look at me like that. My eyes are bigger than you. See," I said while glaring at him, trying to imitate his glare.

Without giving any reaction, he just intensified his cold gaze at me, clearly stating that he was not in the mood to kid with me.

"Ahhhhaaa...I will find a way," I said, trying to eavesdrop on Wen Chao's conversation. "Wang Yibo...why don't you go to the nearest table of Wen Chao and listen to their conversation?" I said as I couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Why don't you do it yourself?!" Wang Yibo glanced at me before averting his gaze to Wen Chao.

"Hey! Mr. Detective Wang Yibo, can you please use little common sense? They already know me, if I go there then our entire plan will just go into the gutter," I uttered. He was really unbelievable! How come Zewu Jun said that this brainless guy was very good at catching the culprit? I am saying...he's only good at making trouble.

"Mr. Xiao Zhan...do you really have a death wish?" Wang Yibo again glared at me as if I am a for granted person and he could glare at me whenever he wanted.

"Ok ok...I will figure it myself," I rolled my eyes, trying not to get into an argument with Wang Yibo. I looked here and there, trying to find something. Suddenly something came into my mind.

"Hey, Wang Yibo...do you have a mask?" I asked with a bright face.

"Why?" Wang Yibo asked with a confused face as if I was speaking an alien language.

"Don't ask me so many questions. I saw a mask in your pocket. Now give it to me." I demanded. "I mistakenly forgot to bring mine."

Wang Yibo slid his hand inside his pocket and fished a mask. "Here." He said as he extended his hand to give that mask to me.

I immediately took the mask and wore it. Then I slid off the black jacket from my shoulders.

"Xiao Zhan..what are you doing?!" Wang Yibo exclaimed witnessing the situation as if he was unprepared for my move.