Taking Care Of Injured Wang Yibo : Chapter 09

Xiao Zhan's POV

"I know you are here

"I know you are here...Open the door"
I heard these words as I put my ears at the door to listen the footsteps. I don't know but suddenly a fear grasped me. Its not that I cannot fight the goons. I can protect myself pretty well since I was Yiling Patriarch in past life. But I don't know why I suddenly feel as my heart became light weighted. I am usually not afraid of anything but why this time I feel tensed. I looked at Wang Yibo. He is already looking at me with a curious eyes. He nodded his head and signalled me to remain pin drop silent. I just obeyed him. I tried to move close to Wang Yibo. Suddenly another loud thud is heard.

"You fucking bastard. We know you are here. Open the door or we will break it open."

Now my heart really sank, feeling a strange emptiness in my chest. I could protect myself and I was so sure of that but Wang Yibo..he was injured and he couldn't even stand up properly. I don't want him to get more injured because of me. As I silently crawled back, trying to get as close as possible to the other person. Tracing his legs, I silently sat beside Wang Yibo, glancing at him. Wang Yibo was already staring at me but...his gaze appeared somehow different from normal cold gaze- perhaps some warm and pacifying gaze?

"Yibo..." Unconsciously, his name slipped from my lips as I stared at him with lines of worry on my face. Perhaps my eyes were showing millennia of emotions right now but who cares?

"Su Liu's men," Wang Yibo whispered, glancing at the rusted door.

"So you are no going to open the door...we are breaking in."

No sooner had the words completed, they started to push the door with all their might, making huge banging noises. I could feel my heart drumming against my rib cage, threatening to jump out of chest. Never ever in my entire life had I feared this much.

Suddenly I felt a cold fingers touching my hand. Recognizing the touch, I glanced at Yibo who nodded his head gently while his face had a slight smile. Is he trying to pacify me!?

"Yibo, what do we do now?" I whispered before biting my lower lip anticipating the moment.

"Don't be afraid. As long as I am here, no one will hurt you," Yibo said in his usual cold voice.

But I don't know why it sounded warm, as if I had heard this type of voice before. May be...my Lan Zhan used to say this to me.

"Yibo...I am worried about you. I can protect myself. It's you who is injured!" I spoke, looking directly into his eyes.

"You talk too much," Yibo said diverting his eyes from me to the door, sounding irritated.

Su Liu's men were hitting the door hard without a break. Perhaps by now they are using their full man strength to break the door. If the door wasn't jammed by the God's Grace, by now we have been slaughtered like chicken in the hands of the cruel men.