♡10: Ballroom Dance

Ballroom Dance

unedited

We came to the double doors and he let me inside. Once I took a step in, I was taken back by how lovely the set up was. Roses lined the second story in intricate fashions, the chandeliers had purposely dimming light bulbs placed for the occasion to set the mood of whatever melodies would play, and everyone was dressed wonderfully. It was like walking onto the set of a Disney Princess Ballroom or something.

"You seemed stunned," Kaoru said, still with my hand in his.

"I've never been to a ball before." I replied, still in awe.

Right now, the music was calm and people were just standing around. Only a few actually had a partner and were dancing. This place could user more upbeat music than just three violinist strumming away. I wondered if this was all these kids listened to. Even in a dress, it still had a hidden pocket at the hip, mom was always prepared like that.

I had my MP3 player tucked away, but if I had to, I would find the sound system in this place and hook it up. These rich kids needed some sort of thrill. There was even four large speakers on each corner of the room that weren't even being used. I dunno about them, but I certainly felt cheated.

Then suddenly, it came to everyone's attention why there was the speakers. Up at the top of the balcony stood Blondie with a microphone. The music faded, and he spoke, "Welcome Ouran Academy to the annual Ballroom Dance." Girls cheered and swooned just by his presence. I was probably the only girl who looked enthused, "At the end of tonight, one lucky lady will be chosen for her wonderful dance efforts to receive a kiss on the kiss from yours truly." He batted his eyes like he was high and mighty, "So have a wonderful time and remember..." he winked, and almost the entire group of girls fell to their knees.

I looked over to Kaoru with an annoyed look, and he had to cover up his mouth to muffle his laughter. "It's so funny," he said between his giggling, "Your're the only girl besides well... Haruhi who doesn't swoon by just the sight of him." he said with a smirk.

 "He's just not my type." I said with a shrug. The music started up again and it was the same melody the violinists were playing last time, "Is this all they know how to play?"

"It can sound sort of repetitive after a while, huh? Tamaki hired them for the opening of the dance. The real music should start soon." He said with his small smile.

Every time he smiled that way, I wanted to hug him, but then, something occurred to me. I hadn't seen Hikaru yet, "Wonder if Hikaru's around here." I said aloud.

I noticed that Kaoru showed signs of nervousness; he bit his lower lip, "I'm sure he is." he whispered lowly.

My eyebrow perked. Did they have a fight earlier or something? "Hey Kaoru, is something wrong?" I said, looking into his bright cat like eyes.

He stared at me sort of sadly, but shook his head and took my hand. The music tempo changed into something different and he guided me out to the dance floor.

"Kaoru, I can't dance." I protested.

"Of course you can," he replied. He guided me through the waltz and all I could do was try to keep from stepping on his feet. My movements were sloppy, but I tried to hold it together as much as possible. He chuckled at me, seeing how red my face turned with each step we took. Finally, he spun me into a dip and my face was so red, it felt like my face was going to melt. His face was just inches away from mine and was smirking, much like his brother usually did.

"K-Kaoru.." I murmured, and he pulled me up, spinning me out and back in, so my back was against his stomach, with his head rested against my shoulder.