prologue • give us more detonation

"I don't see why you're here." Korse drags out the end of each word, and his eyes glisten with boredom, "Your friends are dead. I'm not God, I cannot bring them back. This was a waste of your time, gas, and life."

"What life? I don't have a life. I kill innocent people whom you've drugged everyday, I'm a murderer. I deserve to be dead." I respond, shaking my head and waving my arms around as I speak. A delicate piece of red falls out of the messily made bun on the top of my head, and I leave it like that.

Korse nods slowly, and I see a trace of something in his eyes, like he just had an idea, "Ah, a wise one you are." He repositions himself in his chair, and props his elbows on his desk and wrings his hands together, "I want to strike a deal with you."

"Because I love striking deals with Satan." I respond, narrowing my eyes at him, "You can't bring my group back, and you're going to kill me. I don't care."

Korse grins, and motions to the chair before him, offering me to sit down. I pull the chair back and sit in it, moving a bit so my legs are hanging off the armrests, "Now, my dear. There is a way to bring your friends back, but I'm not willing to do it unless you do something for me."

"You just fucking said -" I begin, but Korse raises his hand to stop me. I smack my teeth and roll my eyes, waiting for him to continue.

"Because, why would I bring back people who are trying to stop me?" Korse questions, scoffing as if what I had came here for was absurd.

"Then why are you now offering to bring them back? Do you even have the bodies?" I ask, not trusting the man in front of me. And why should I, he was the reason I was alone again.

Korse nodded, "Of course. We bring them back to life, and turn them into Draculoids. But I can bring them back without doing so, if you do one thing for me."

"What is it?" I ask, leaning forward.

Korse slides a picture forward, of four familiar faces, "You have a month. Lead them to me to kill them, and you can have your friends back."

Okay so I was reading a Danger Days fanfic and listening to Danger Days and it always gets me pumped to write a Killjoy fic and so yeah.