The Surprise And End

I open my eyes and everything is dark so I start to struggle and soon realize it's useless - I'm tied to something. Suddenly the bag is pulled off of my head. I squint at the change in lighting and when my eyes adjust I can't believe what I'm looking at.

     No, no, no, no, no. It's...her. What is she doing here?!no

     "Clarissa, what are you doing here? What's going on?! Let me go!"

     She looks at me and smiles. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

     "What are you talking about?" I look around and see that I'm in a tent. A common soldiers tent not the King's. "And where are Mathias and Jackson?" I've got a bad feeling about this.

     She started walking towards me. "We had to...get rid of them", she says with a chilling smile on her lips.

     I give up on trying to get out of the ropes at the moment. "Why are you here?"

     "Well haven't you figured it out, yet." She stops right in front of me, "I'm one of them".

     I did guess that but I guess some part of me was hoping that I was wrong - that there was some other reason she was in this camp.

     Now there is only one solution, one thing I can do. I need to kill her. I discretely look around without moving my head too much and spot a shard of glass just within my reach. I glance back at her. If I can just keep her talking then I can get to that shard.

     "How did this happen?" I ask her trying to sound interested which wasn't hard since I actually was kind of curious.

     "Well I had always known I was different", she says walking away from me. Then, when I was twelve, my mother decided to enlighten me with the truth of who my father was." I got the shard and had begun to cut through the ropes but now I paused. What does her father have to do with this...

     Oh My Gods.

     She continues, "my father...is King Daedelus".

     I start to cut again and faster this time. This cannot be happening. Her father is King Daedelus?!

     "I, of coarse, became curious of this father I had never known, much less heard of, and went in search of him. Long story short he made me an offer I couldn't refuse and here we are." She looks at me just as the ropes snap and I'm free, but I don't let on just yet. I need to find my swor- I spot my sword over on the other side of the tent.

     She picks up her own sword, "sorry, about this but I can't exactly let you go with everything you know now".

     Next thing I know she's running at me with the blade aiming for my head.

     In that exact instant I duck and roll out of the way just as the sword comes in contact with the post I was tied to. I stand up and look her in the eye, she looks furious.

     "You little sneak" She yells as she puts her foot up against the post and pulls out her sword.

     In the time it takes her to get her sword out I retrieved mine and readied myself to fight.

     We start circling each other until she comes at me. I deflect it and make a jab. I get her in the shoulder. She cries out, " I'm going to kill you Jeremiah! I swear it." She comes at me again and gets me in my shoulder, now it was my turn to cry out. I grit my teeth. I have to finish this.

     I watch her movements for a second and spot an opening.

/\_/\

     She has no way to block my sword, it's right at her throat. I just need to move forward an inch or so and that'll be the end.

     Then why aren't you moving?! My body deflates. I can't do it. I can't watch the light go out of her eyes, no matter the fact that she's a traitor.

     She's staring into my eyes and can see my resignation she scoffs, "you're so weak to still be hesitating", she shakes her head. "You can't do it can you".

     I remove the sword from her throat. "No. I can't."

     I put my sword down to show that I am not going to hurt her. "We can both walk away from this. I won't tell anyone about you or King Daedelus or anything."

     As I said this I start to turn around to leave the tent.

     I gasp feeling a sharp pain suddenly on my chest. Puzzled, I look down. She had stabbed me.

     "Sorry, but I can't take any chances", she says. I can feel her foot on my back as she pulls her sword out of me, I fall. I feel a sort of numbness start to take over my body - betrayal can do that to you.

     The way I am laying on the ground makes me able to see the tent flap. She is standing in front of it. She's leaving me here? I guess... I never really knew what kind of person she was until now. Not that I would've done anything differently if I had.

     I am going in and out of consciousness. She lifts the flap and steps out but before letting it go behind her she looks over her shoulder with cold eyes and says, "goodbye, Jeremiah".

     And that's the last thing I see before my eyes close and I fall into darkness.