The living undead

"Grah!"Kate yells, the mess she made staring up accusingly at her, taunting her. In the house somewhere she heard her older sister, Emilia run into something. The crack and pain filled yelp that follows afterwords awakens Kate's horrid imagination. She could suddenly see, in her minds eye, Emilia running into the wall, her arm breaking, as she screams in pain. The image disintegrates, and now she is seeing the scene differently. She saw Emilia again, but this time a man was standing next to her, holding her neck, she cries out in pain as he breaks her arm, then start choking her. She snaps out of it and grins maliciously, as she picks up her mess. "Ah well... least I knew the difference between sanity and insanity..." she mutters, and her mind wanders, involuntarily, to Jeff. "No." she muttered harshly. "He left me. Alone. He knew what I was going through. But he still left! I-I..." she shook her head, staying silent. "Kait-lynn!!" her step mother yelled from the second floor. She ran up the stairs. "Yes, mother??" She questioned softly. She never looked her mother in the eyes, she would always get slapped, or yelled at, or such as like. "Did you finish Cleaning the Kitchen, start dinner, and clean the Parlour and Sitting room?" her mother liked old words, and dresses. "Yes Ma'am."she replied dutifully. "Very well. You are free to go." She sighed silently in relief, and, curtsying, left to her little alcove of a room. Once in her room, she changed out of the dress she wore for everyday work in the house and into her outside clothes, a piar of skinny jeans, ratty, falling apart shoes, and a plain tee shirt that said 'I Bite' on it. She grabbed the old phone off her bed and dashed out of the house silently, for fear of drawing her older sister's attention to her.
"Thank gods!! I was afraid I'd never get away!"She muttered vilely as she walked to the park, and sat on the old swing, swaying gently. She scrolled through her playlist and settled on t.A.T.u.'s 30 Minutes, singing along softly.

"Out of sight
Out of mind
Out of time
To decide

Do we run?
Should I hide?
For the rest
Of my life

Can we fly?
Do I stay?
We could lose
We could fail

In the moment
It takes
To make plans
Or mistakes

30 minutes, a blink of an eye
30 minutes,to alter our lives
30 minutes,to make up my mind
30 minutes,to finally decide

30 minutes,to whisper your name
30 minutes,to shoulder the blame
30 minutes,of bliss, thirty lies
30 minutes,to finally decide

Carousels
In the sky
That we shape
With our eyes

Under shade
Silhouettes
Casting shade
Crying rain

Can we fly?
Do I stay?
We could lose
We could fail

Either way
Options change
Chances fail
Trains derail

30 minutes, a blink of an eye
30 minutes,to alter our lives
30 minutes,to make up my mind
30 minutes,to finally decide

30 minutes,to whisper your name
30 minutes,to shoulder the blame
30 minutes,of bliss, thirty lies
30 minutes,to finally decide

To decide
To decide, to decide, to decide

To decide
To decide, to decide, to decide

To decide..." She hummed the last few notes. "You sure grew up, Kate." A voice, familiar, from her past echoed throught the now silent park, as she gasped. One word, a name she refused to think of anymore, slipped past her lips and hit the floor with a deafening silence..

"...Jeff...?"