smile

so sorry for the wait :(

btw, i have never watched any of the eps from here to ep 25 i think, so i'm bound to get the plot incorrect, i apologize

p.s y/n's gonna be a little annoyed this chapter, especially to a certain character, and its on purpose for the plot, not bc i hate that character

----------------------

Your POV 

Three days. 

Three days since I boarded the Battleship Cruise. It's certainly been more eventful than I would have imagined with the competitors apparently stumbling upon an abandoned ghost ship. Aiga even said that a ghost-like blader was lurking in the shadows, watching every blader's move.

I don't quite believe the story, but then again, I live in a world where metal toys can possess you. 

Anyways, the stalker blader that eerily reminded me of Naoki turned out to be Kyle Hakim, an arrogant person that was one of the hidden bladers for this tournament. His bey was Hazard Kerbeus K4 7 Atomic, and was a surprisingly decent blader.

Kyle has defeated both Ranjiro and Aiga, which is no easy feat. Yesterday those three and Xavier battled in a battle royale, only to have a draw. The battle was intense, though. All this battling is making me want to battle as well, especially three certain people. 

Kyle, Aiga and Phi. 

Kyle's giving me these dodgy feeling. There's something off about him, his mask and that iPad he's carrying around. I find it weird how nobody questions that. Either they're a bit dumb, or I'm just super judgmental. 

I've gathered that Kyle enjoys taunting bladers that are of lower skill than him. I hate when people do that, which makes me want to put him in his place once and for all. The same goes for Aiga. 

But I also do want to see Aiga's power. So far, I haven't seen any astonishing resonance or power from him that pushed him to defeat Lui. 

And then there's Phi. 

I know we're going to battle. I can feel it. And I know that it's going to be a tough battle as well. Not only does his bey have an outer rim, Phi has an extraordinary amount of power. And the problem is, he's hiding it from everyone. Something along the lines of, 'You aren't worthy enough'. 

When we're going to have that battle, I'm probably going to be completely in the dark with only a small amount of knowledge of Revive Phoenix. Not only that, there's something off about him. Similar to the vibe I'm getting from Kyle, but not the same. 

Phi's much more...sinister. 

His aura gives off dark waves that's extremely powerful. Not in a good way. His aura is familiar in a sickenly way. I can't remember where I've felt it before, but whenever I think about it, it gives me a terrible feeling.

The feeling of imprisonment, to be exact.

"(y/n)!" 

A loud, cheerful voice sliced through my thoughts. I instantly sat up in bed, all my thoughts draining away as my best friend since childhood entered my dorm. Annoyed that my thinking session was interrupted, I complained, "Valt! Why'd you have to be so loud?"

"You say it like it's a bad thing," Valt grinned, swatting away the insult. He plopped down on the foot of my bed, legs crossed. He examined me face, then a small frown instantly replaced his grin. "What's bugging ya?"

"What do you mean?" I feigned a happy expression, not wanting to trouble Valt. "I'm perfectly fine."

His frown deepened. "(y/n). We both know that's a lie."