𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

POISONED LOVE'

Mercedes A. Bulls

I was awaken out of my sleep by my phone ranging loudly, rubbing my eyes, I looked at the time seeing that it was 7:01.

"Who the fuck..." I grumbled—squinting my eyes at the unknown number, hitting the green button. "Who is this and why are you calling my phone this time of morning?"

"It's me, your momma." Karin voice flowed through the phone, the line grew quiet.

I wasn't expecting to hear from her anytime soon, last time I seen her was at the mall which was almost 2 months ago—she said that she was coming back home but never came. "Yes Karin? who phone are you calling me off?" I broke the silence.

"I checked myself in rehab a few weeks ago, I was suppose to come home but ended up in the hospital." She paused and started sniffing lowly. "Turns out my kidneys and lungs are going back due to the alcohol and drugs so I checked myself into rehab...I really wanna do better."

Should I feel bad for her? she did the worst thing that a mother could do—sending men in my room to have sex with me because she wanted drugs, being rape because of her but what hurt me the most is how she mistreated my child but here I am feeling sorry for her.

I wiped the tear that dropped out of my eye before clearing my throat— I didn't say anything, tears continually flowed.

"I'm so sorry for everything I've done to you, you are a strong beautiful, amazing mother and I'm so sorry for how I mistreated you and my grandchild..." She stated in a sorrowful voice. "Continue to be the strong women you are and be a better mother then I've ever been, raise Miracle the right way. Show her what you've never had as a child—be a better mother then me. Go to college like you always wanted..I-I love you so much."

I was in full blown tears, I'm not soft but when it comes to my mother—I'll take it their. No matter how wrong she did me, I'll always have love in my heart for her. "Are you at the rehab over on the north?" I questioned.

"Y-yes but I don't want you to come up here, I've done you so wrong—I don't deserve you."

"I'll be up their tomorrow, ma. I know you've done me wrong and I forgive—your my mother, my one and only living parent. I wanna help you." I genuinely voiced.

The love children share for the parents are unconditional, no matter what.

"Okay, thank you so much and I love you so much—you see tomorrow." She slowly uttered before ending the call, not giving me a chance to say anyway.

Letting out a low sigh, I made my way into the bathroom to wash and brush my teeth—there's noway I'm going to bed now. After finishing that up, I headed back in my room to check on Miracle.

She was still peacefully sleeping and taking over my bed, per usual.

I glanced over at my phone, seeing that someone texted me—it was Kentrell. Him and I have been texting and going on simple dates, nothing major. The text read come outside.

After making sure the baby monitor was on, I went downstairs
and stood to the door for a minute before making my entrance outside.

"Say mane—" Kentrell looked over at me with his eyes hanging low, he was high as hell—we was sitting in his car chilling, eating snacks and listening to music while he smoked while I was on my phone, watching Miracle.

"Lemme rub on yo feet, them bitches pretty." He tried grabbing my feet that was placed on the dashboard.

I laughed and snatched my feet away. "We best friends, best friends don't run on each other so chill.

"Yo shit painted white, and you know what they say bout that shit." He chuckled, I playfully rolled my eyes at his statement. "I'm just playing witchu."

I looked out the window as he continued to smoke his blunt, my mind was else where right now—I'm stressing like hell, from my mother having health problems to raising a child on my own and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life.

"You straight?" He glances over at me, noticing the traumatic look my face held.

"Yeah...I'm okay." I lowly voiced—checking on Miracle, she was squirming around in her sleep, she's going to wake up any minute. "I gotta go in the house, my baby waking up."