Kogami Vs. Akane

Kogami looked down at the short female inspector and frowned.

Surely, he hadn't heard what he thought he had heard. Tsunemori volunteering to fight him?
"Your kidding, right?" he asked.

"Certainly not, Kogami," Tsunemori said. 

The grin on her face reminded Kogami of a small mischievous monkey in a documentary he had watched one time when he was bored and there was nothing else on. Like she thought was all a game.

Kogami gestured to the powered off robot.

"You have seen how I train. I hit hard and I kick fast. If we fight and I hurt you.."

"You won't hurt me," Tsunemori said. "You go that hard against the sparring robot because you know that you can and the worst consequence will be a broken robot and a reprimand."
"Still.." Kogami said.

"You can't honestly tell me you are afraid of fighting a girl," Tsunemori said.

Then her grin vanished and she put her hands on her small hips, her expression serious.

"I trust, Kogami. When will you trust yourself?" She asked.

Not for the first time, Kogami found himself surprised by Tsunemori. She looked like someone's niece with her slight, child-like frame and face, but she had more guts then many guys twice her size. Pair that with an unnerving gift for cutting through to the heart of things and she was a tiny package full of surprises.

"Well, I suppose I have to fight you now. Can't have you ruining my reputation by starting rumors about me being afraid of girls," Kogami said.

The grin came back on Tsunemori face and she bounced lightly on her toes once more before settling in a defense stance. Kogami settled into his own stance with one foot forward, the other slightly back and both hands at the ready.

The two of them began circling each other, Kogami faking a couple jabs to test her reaction time and Tsunemori responding with a faked front kick. After a few more moments of testing, Kogami backed up a few steps and then charged at Tsunemori like a raging bull.

He watched her closely as he ran at her, waiting for her to side-step him or twist out of the way. Tsunemori, however, made no move to do anything until he was close. Then she dropped her knees and grabbed his wrist.

A quick twist of his wrist was all that saved him from being judo-flipped over Tsunemori's shoulder and into the wall.

"Nice. You have put in some training time," Kogami commented.

"Working out in the field has made me realize that inspectors have to learn to fight for themselves sometimes," Tsunemori said.

"True enough. But Enforcers are usually going to be more capable," Kogami agreed and then he launched a flurry of punches all aimed for Tsunemori's face.

She backed up as she blocked them, only one escaping through to graze the side of her cheek. There was barely time for Kogami to register the victory, however, as Tsunemori launched her own assault on him and he was forced to spring back to avoid being hit.

Both of them stood there for a moment, panting heavily and wiping the sweat out of their eyes. 

Kogami grinned. He hadn't had this much fun sparring since the last time he sparred with Masaoka.

He charged at Tsunemori again and faked a punch. Her arms lowered in a block and he suddenly switched to a round house kick that flew over her block and clipped her in the chin, snapping her head back.

Tsunemori fell on her butt, dazed. Kogami took advantage of that to come down on her like a ton of bricks and pin her to the mat.

"I win," he gasped.

Tsunemori glared at him and struggled for minute then finally went limp and sighed.

"You win," she agreed.

Kogami let her up and they both sat their, slick with sweat and breathing heavily.

Tsunemori's wristcom suddenly beeped to indicate she had an incoming call. The display showed that it was Shion calling. Tsunemori hit answer.

"Inspector Shimotsuki just arrested some slimeball politician with a crime coefficent that got too high. Wouldn't be all that noteworthy except that he was pleading for Shimotsuki to let him see a guy called Kamui," Shion said.

"How far out is she?" Tsunemori asked.

"About ten minutes or so tops," Shion said.

"Thanks Karanamori," Tsunemori said.

"One more thing. It is not that I don't enjoy seeing you in that tight, sexy exercise outfit or getting to see Shinya without a shirt, but Shimotsuki won't take kindly to you butting in on the interrogation like that," She said.

"Why I am not surprised that you have hacked the cameras in the exercise room," Kogami groaned.

"Because you are smart, Shinya and also extremely fit," Shion said.

"If this is going where I think it is going, don't bother. I know you keep a little black book on you and I ain't getting added to it," he said.

"You act like being in there would be a bad thing. I pride myself on choosing only the best the CID has to offer. Besides, it would be more than worth your trouble," Shion said.

"That I seriously doubt," Kogami said.

"This is why you aren't going steady with anyone, Shinya. You are just too serious. Loosen up a bit," Shion said.

Kogami stood up. There was no way Shion was going to let him have this last word were this topic was concerned. It was better to leave now.

"I am not letting you within Dominator range of love life, ever," he said and then he left, cutting off Shion's final parting shot.