Chapter 4

I lay down on my bed, Gerrad had left the room, left me speechless, i felt my chest tighten up and i found it hard to breath as i tried to understand the news.

Gerrad had told me tomorrow if practice. He said i have to have a talent? But i dont have one. None.

I read, books. Is that a talent?

No its not. How am i going to survive?

This game.

Go to asleep Alexia you need the energy.

I soon fell asleep.

I woke up after having an alright sleep, the matress wasnt the best, i could feel the springs underneath and the pillow did not support my neck at all.

I turned round to suddenly notice a tray floating next to my bed with food on it, it was bobbing up and down slowly, orange juice was poured into a glass and a bowl or porridge with a banana was on the tray to. I grabbed the tray and rested it on my legs when i sat up.

I ate the food quickly, i was starving. I drank all my juice  and pussed the tray away to float somewhere else in the room.

The door opened and Gerrad stepped in and the door slid closed behind him.

"Good sleep?" I got up and walked over to the door.

"How do you open the door?" I questioned.

"We are not going yet."

"Why not? Lets get this over and done with."

"Alexia, please sit down." He pointed to the empty corner of the room and suddenly a white sofa appeared in the corner. I swallowed and walked over silently and sat down, Gerrad joined me.

"Do you want to live?"

"I dont know."

"Your going to survive."

"I dont want to be someone's wife, i want my own husband that i choose!"

"Your have no choice. Im sorry. I would let you go, but i had to choose you."

"What are you trying to say?"

"If you dont win, Alexia- i- die too."

"Why?"

"Because I picked a weakling." He looked down to the floor.

"Spectacular." I sarcasticly said.

"Anyway that doesnt matter, lets go and practice."

We left my room and walked down the corridor. It was a short walk, we turned to the right and walked into a large white room, similar to the inspection and main room, other girls were there. They were already practicing.

Some were shooting arrows, some were dancing, some were singing, some were throwing knives, hitting the targets perfectly.

One young girl was a gymnast, she was very flexiable. She pulled of her moves perfectly finishing with her mentor clapping excitedly at her.

We walked over to a line of mirrors that were not being used.