The Morning After

Chandler woke before Evangeline, which was probably for the best. He looked at the girl laying next to him in just her underwear and a painting shirt and smiled. They never ended up using that condom, because she fell asleep in the middle of making out. He thought she looked so lovely as she slept, since she couldn't be mean to anyone.

"Watching me sleep is really creepy." She rolled over and smiled to herself.

"Good morning." Chandler replied, pulling her closer.

"No." Eve shoved him off and got up, pulling on a pair of shorts and opening her bedroom door. "See you at the coffee shop."

And so began their frequent hookups. For almost 3 months, Chandler would visit around twice a week. She insisted it was just practical since he lived upstairs, and she was a good liar.

"Evangeline, why don't you ever bring your boyfriend around?" Monica asked in the coffee shop one day.

"What do you mean?" Eve sat up straighter, not daring to glance at Chandler.

"I went to your door last night to see if you had my bracelet and I heard some activities!" Monica laughed and Eve blushed before shaking her head.

"Just a hookup."

-

"Dude, where are you going every night?!" Joey sat at his counter as Chandler put his shoes on.

"It's not every night. And to see a friend." He winked and headed downstairs, where Eve was waiting with a glass of Prosecco and a Mariah Carey CD. But tonight, Chandler had a new idea.

"Evangeline," Chandler smiled as she opened the door. "Before we get to the cool part, I wanna ask you something."

"No, you cannot have an autograph."

"What? No. I was going to ask if you wanted to go to Mezzicino's tomorrow night. Like, on a date." He tried to call himself down.

"Will you tell anyone?" She unbuttoned his top button.

"No."

"Good."