Happy ending

Gin put his arms around her and pulled her closer. He caressed her hair in an attempt to soothe her.

Hotaru only cried harder when she felt the familiar warmth. His citrus and grassy scent filled her nostrils. She was so happy. So happy that she could just-

Before even thinking, she pushed him to the ground. Gin widened his eyes and for the first time, Hotaru saw him blush.

Lying on top of him, she went closer till their foreheads and noses touched. She looked at his eyes one last time before closing her eyes. Their lips touched.

It wasn't a deep kiss but it was filled with lots and lots of emotions. Gin could feel the pain she felt without him. He could feel her love.

After a few moments, Hotaru finally pulled out and stared at Gin. He softly smiled at her and wiped away her tears with his hands. This gesture only made her cry more.

For some reason, Hotaru could not stop crying. Every time she tried to, new tears formed in her eyes. But Gin didn't mind.

He let her lay on his chest and stroked her hair with one hand and the other was wrapped around her shaking body.

She cried for a long time. His shirt was soaked with her tears but that didn't bother him. What Hotaru didn't know was that Gin had been crying too.

He felt so bad for leaving her. It wasn't his fault or his choice but he still felt bad because all of these tears were caused by him.

After what felt like hours, Hotaru finally calmed down.

"You okay now?" Gin asked and pecked her forehead.

"Yes" She smiled and looked up at him.

"You cried!" She gasped and wiped his tears with her thumb.

Gin chucked. "I'm just really happy to see you again. Hotaru, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting for so long."

"How are you able to touch me? You're human now?" She asked.

"Yes." Gin smiled at her. Knowing that she needed an explanation, he told her what had happened.

"I'm so glad.. I'm the happiest person in the world right now, Gin." She said and she buried her head into his chest.

Both of them didn't say anything for a while and layed in each others arms. They didn't need words to express what they felt. Both of them were happy.

"I love you, Hotaru."

"Yeah, I love you too."