Chapter Six- Phone Call

The pounding in my head keeps getting worse as I start to open my eyes only to be met with even more pain.

  "Ughhh" Opening my eyes fully I recognize that the sun is rising to blind me. I reach up and rub my eyes hoping to help them open more. I lift my hand off of the table that I am sitting at and realize that I am outside on the balcony in Vegas.... Why do I feel like the lost guy in The Hangover?

 When I move my hand my phone drops out of it onto the table and I see a battery notification pop up. I close it out only to see that not only am I still on a call but I had been talking on the phone with Jack for over 4 hours... and the call is still going. Slowly I put the phone to my ear, listening to see if there is anything on the other end. I only hear silence. Would it be rude to hang up? What did I say to him last night? It must not have been bad if he never hung up.... Or maybe it was.

I groan picking up the phone again, I can't just leave him hanging if he hasn't hung up by now.

"Hello?" My voice cracks while I try to speak, and I look around for water only to find an empty alcohol bottle. Classy Dawn I think to myself, real classy. The other line stays silent for a moment before I hear something rustling, "Hello?" I try again.

"Mornin' Dawn" I hear a gruff voice respond sounding like I just woke him up.

"Oh ah sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up..."

"It's alright, I was up anyway," I can feel my face blush knowing that he's lying, "Besides I was curious how you were going to feel this morning."

I groan in response; I know that I must have drunk way too much last night and calling Jack was the last thing that I wanted... or I guess that's a lie because drunk Dawn wanted to talk to him. "So..." I start not knowing how to ask if I said anything really dumb or something worse...

"You don't remember anything do you?" Jack says on the other side of the line, with almost disappointment in his voice, but it's probably just because he's tired.

I give a nervous laugh, "I think I remember certain parts of the night..." I pause thinking, "Did I happen to yell at a bug last night..." I start slowly even though I can remember screaming at a bug that landed on my check while at some point last night.

Jack gives a deep laugh on the other end, "You could say that..."

"I can still feel that thing crawling across my cheek..." I shiver in disgust, "Well.... Um... what else did we talk about?" I ask getting a little impatient and a little curious.

"We did talk about butts for about an hour," Jack says casually

"Um... well... what do you mean exactly." I'm not saying that I'm thinking about Jacks butt but I'm also not saying that I wasn't

"Well first we were talking about yours, and how much it hurt after you fell last night..." I wiggle in my chair feeling that pain that Jack described, when did I fall last night? "Then we moved on to my butt..." my face becomes even redder and I bury my face into my hand not only blocking the light from my eyes but also to try and calm down my cheeks. Jack continues and laughs at the memory, "You were comparing my butt to some dude that you were calling fish lips?"

At this point I just let my hand fall against the table still holding the phone. I could have told Jack anything in the world if I was telling about the one and only date that I went on since I moved to the city. But I have to give credit to drunk Dawn, fish lips is a great description of that kiss.

Jack continues with amusement in his voice, "And you were definitely paying me some compliments last night before you yelled at me for another hour."