Long Drive

"What does blessed mean exactly?" I ask my parents when we have been driving in silence for the past thirty minutes.

My dad sighs and looks at my mom, she just nods and keeps driving.

"Remember how strange things keep happening to you?" He asks.

I think about the time when water shot up from the kitchen sink well I was screaming at my mom because I wanted to go see a movie and she wouldn't let me.

I nod, waiting to hear more.

"Well, your mom and I haven't told you this but you have powers we are guessing water powers"

My jaw drops.

No. Freaking. Way. Powers? Me? No.

"Your kidding right? There is no way I can have powers" I state and lean back in my seat.

"Your father is telling the truth Faith, there is not a lot of blessed people in this world, and once people know we exist well they want to take our powers for themselves" My mom says glancing at me through the mirror.

"Wait so do you guys have powers to?" I ask.

"Tes we both do, you father has teleportation and I have telekinesis" My mom says simply.

"Wait really? That's awesome!" I say in bewilderment.

"It can come in handy sometimes yes but it can also be very dangerous" My dad says pulling over to a gas station.

"But that still doesn't answer where we are going" My dad gets out of the car to full up and my mom is about to get up to run inside the store for some snacks.

"Hunny the less you know the better, we are going to a safe place in the mountains for people like us okay?" This is all she says then she runs inside the store leaving me fuming.

Really? The less I know the better? How can less be better, I have like a thousand questions.

I grab my phone and scroll through Instagram.

Whatever. They will tell me sooner or later I guess.