Chapter 3 - Villain invasion

That night after Dinner, I went to Ashley's dorm room and apologized to her directly. And she forgave me faster than I could've imagined. We became real friends, and I couldn't have felt any better. Surprisingly enough, I stopped my Oreo-addiction. It feels like everything is right now. But little did I know, that was just the beginning of my story...

"You know, I never expected Mrs. Abigail to be so serious during Mathematics when Maxwell started interrupting. Mrs. Abigail was never the type to give us lectures. Right?" Ashley said to me, smiling. We were in class, waiting for Mrs. Abigail; our homeroom teacher to arrive from a meeting. I nodded. Apparently, all the teachers have supernatural abilities too. It must've took them a long time to perfect their powers though, since it's very difficult for us to control ours.

"Don't you just think Mrs. Abigail's power is so cool!?" Ashley gushed, obviously happy.

"Wait, what is Mrs. Abigail's power?" Dominic asked, joining in on the conversation. Ashley's eyes looked like they sparkled for a second.

"Mrs. Abigail's S.A is 'Heat Manipulation'! She has the ability to manipulate the heat in the environment or even the heat inside of your body! By manipulating all those heat, she's able to absorb and release it to attack!" Ashley rambled on, as if she was Mrs. Abigail's biggest fan. "Cool! That's so awesome!" Dominic said, amazed. "I know right!" Ashley squeaked and I grinned. Somehow, I enjoy watching them enjoying themselves.

"Shut up!" Maxwell groaned. Dominic and Ashley ignored him while I yawned from being tired. Last night, I was crying outside of the academy with Dominic. After I came back in the academy, my eyes were burning red and they felt bruised from me wiping them too much. After a good sleep, I felt nice and unaware of any worries.

"Good afternoon, class!" Mrs. Abigail said cheerfully, entering in our classroom.

"Oh look, the old hag is here." Maxwell grumbled.

"What did I say about calling people names, Maxwell?" Mrs. Abigail said sternly, hands on her hips; standing in front of the classroom. "Besides, I'm not that old! Just because I've been here for ten more years than you doesn't mean I'm old."

"Mrs. Abigail! You're not old at all! You're beautiful and dazzling young!" Ashley complimented. Mrs. Abigail smirked and said "thanks, Ashley. It's not a big deal though. I'm a teacher, you're a student. Just remember to stay out of matters that aren't your own." She took a deep breath. "Anyways, let's start practicing our supernatural abilities..."

Mrs. Abigail smiled.

"I'll be teaching you how to manage your S.A's along with plenty of other homeroom teachers!"

I felt a hint of excitement bubbling inside of my throat. It's time for us to learn how to manage our supernatural abilities. I've always had trouble managing mine, but I really liked mine. "Aw, man! This is going to be real fun!" Ashley whispered to Dominic and I; all fired up.

"We'll need to head to the gymnasium for this period. Follow me! Make sure to line up in a straight line. I'm quite confident that you're old enough to understand how to walk in a straight line." Mrs. Abigail instructed.

After arriving in the gymnasium, the class had to line up in a horizontal row and take attendance. After roll call, we all waited for the other homeroom teachers. "Are you sure allowing teachers being tardy is acceptable?" Maxwell yawned.

"Don't worry, Maxwell. I'm sure the teachers will arrive quite soon. Even if they don't, we can still learn something." Mrs. Abigail responded, hands on her hips. Maxwell yawned again. He looked awfully bored. Almost as if this whole lesson is all beneath his level. Well, it is expected especially since he was at the Afterlife for three years.