𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Ethereal
/E•the•re•al/ Adjective
Extremely delicated and light in
a way that seams too perfect
for this world

I cracked my back and slowly sat up. The sun desperately trying to make its way into my room. My light blue curtains hold the sunlight out. Keeping the darkness prisoner in my room. My phone waited anxiously on my desk for me to use. I lazily reached over and unplugged it. I shuffled on the my side and opened up to Instagram Instagram.

My lips pressed into a thin line as the message,"You're all up to date", popped up. I swiped right to the explorer page. 'Nobody post's anything on Instagram anymore. The app is dead except for some days. Then everyone updates at the same time.'

The white door that lead to the hallway creaked. At first I thought it was a demon finally ready to haunt me after making offensive jokes all my life, but to my dismay, my sisters big head popped through the door.

I groaned and looked back at my phone. I muttered. "Get out."

I have no intentions in meeting with the spawn of satan herself in the morning. She always had something for me to do and she's always so lazy.

"Mom wants you to do the laundry."

I sat up and looked at her. The sun that was once kept out, shined into the melancholy room. Her short, silk brown curly hair pulled into a messy bun. Some strands were set loose. Her emerald green eyes piercing into mine. On top of her head were some green shades.

"Why me? You're old enough to do your own laundry."

The fifteen year old girl shrugged at me. "Mom said you. Besides I need to go out with friends."

I looked at her attire. A short green dress with vertical yellow lines. That explains the sunglasses.

"That's tuff." I laid down. "You can tell you're friends to hang out later. Did you ask mom to go out?"

"She knows..." I cocked my eyebrows at her.

"How much. Are those my shoes."

"Maybe. Okay do the laundry bye!"

"Lydia!" I shouted. "Lydia, give me back my shoes."

When I got no response I wined and kicked off the covers and rolled out of bed. I ran out to the hallway. Looking down the railing, i spot Lydia by the front door, dangling the shoes in her hand. A smirk on her face. On her feet were another pair of sandals. "Now that you're up, do the laundry."

She chucked the shoes behind her and grabbed the keys to leave. I sighed and walked down stairs to retrieve my sneakers. I slouched up the staircase and into the room.

'Well. Let's go do this." I grabbed a brown, silk laundry bag and started to fill it with pieces of clothing I know I will wear for the next two weeks.

I headed to the room on my left and strolled into my sisters room. I carefully chose a handful of shirts and pants. Lydia hadn't given me a list on what and what didn't she want washed. So whatever I chose; it's going to have to work.

'What am I going to wear?' I thought after I sling the now heavy baggage over my shoulder. The bag slipped off my back and I let my feet carry me to my room. I sat down on the bed and looked around the room.

Everything was dirty.

Their wasn't one peace of cloth that wasn't already worn or had a mysterious stain on it. I threw myself backwards into the bed and rolled around.

'Could I fit into one of Lydia's shirts?' I pondered. In my mind, putting on one of her oversized shirts and short jeans, I could make it a look. If only I've noticed which shirt was actually on my body.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰