Chapter 27

CARLIN

This girl and not answering her phone is driving me crazy. Knocking hard on her apartment door, I hear small footsteps pad toward the door. Priya swings the door open and smiles. Her hair is up in a ponytail and she's dressed like she hasn't left the house for a few days. Not that that's saying much because she's naturally beautiful. She doesn't make money modeling for nothing.

"You're absolutely bonkers, love. Why didn't you call? You wouldn't of had to knock so many times." Bringing her in for a tight hug, she squeezes me back.

"I did call you. Before I left and when I got here. You just have this thing where your phone repeals your hands so you didn't notice." Walking past her, I park my butt on the couch.

"Sorry, I've just been distracted." She grabs a second wine glass that matches the one she has on her coffee table and pours me a glass, handing it to me. " Here, Sissy."

"Thanks. But really you're always distracted. You kind of disappeared on us right before... well, you know, like a month ago. Not telling anyone what's going on or where you went. I thought I'd barge into your home and see what the fuck was up?" Taking a long sip of her wine, she looks unsettled that I'm even asking. She's practically my sister. I will badger the shit out of her all I want.

"Yeah well... it's complicated. I'm sorry I wasn't home when it happened. I tried to get here as soon as possible." Putting my now empty glass down I place my hand on her knee.

"I get that you've always kept certain things private but I figured by now I'd know you better than I do and that you wouldn't hide so much. It's become a lot more often than it was before." I shrug my shoulders trying to be a little lighter with my words. " I don't even know who your sleeping with and as your sister I think I deserve to know who he is and how large his dick is."

If she had anything in her mouth she would have spit it out but at least I got her to smile a little. " Oh God, Car, Jesus. That's not what I've been doing... well not all the time but that's not what you guys would consider as me hiding from you right now."

I eye her skeptically. I don't know what it is that's had her so preoccupied but I decide to put it on the waist side right now. " So there is a guy?" She palms her face as if she didn't intend to tell me this. " Spillll."

"Just some guys I met at the bar a little while ago. His name's Jaxon or Jax. He's tall and has short brown hair. He just got out of the military. We've gone out a couple of times...more than a couple... and I might have accidentally started dating him." Quickly pouring us more wine, she keeps her eyes low.

"How do you accidentally date someone? That's not like you at all. You dont date. I can't even remember the name of that one boyfriend you had in college."

Muttering something to herself in Punjabi, we both take a sip before she answers. "He cares Carlin. He cares a lot about me. I'm actually a little terrified at how much I like him. Didn't you accidently let Jake eat you out after your birthday party and then basically start dating again that second?" She asks putting air quotes around the word accidentally.

" Jake was my first everything. I'm still hopelessly in love with the guy and when you love someone like that coupled with the emotions that were in the room and how fucking scrumptious he is, how could it not happen? You aren't in love with this guy. You barely even know him. You haven't even brought him around us."

"Okay, okay. I know how you two are but I'm telling you it was just something about him. I can't resist him and I can't be away from him. I haven't brought him around because you all would bite his head off." She puts her hand on her forehead and closes her eyes. "Sorry you know wine goes straight to my head for some reason."