Deciding To Tell Him

Maka snapped her book shut, page 217, she couldn't forget the number.

"Yes?" She asked with an annoyed expression plastered on her face.

Soul merely coughed into his hands, rolled his head back to the others and continued talking.

Maka released a sigh of relief, closed her eyes, and put her book back into the purse.

Maybe she shouldn't have brought the book, Maka knew she wouldn't want to stop reading it.

Her purse slid to the ground, and Maka finally started to warm up a little bit.

She slowly slid off the raven black jacket, nudged Soul, and handed it to him.

His ruby eyes blinked, apparently forgetting his frustration with Maka about pulling out her book in the middle of dinner.

"Feeling better?"

She nodded, adjusting the cherry bows on her pigtails, making sure that they hadn't slipped or undid themselves.

Her auburn bangs fell in front of her face, covering her eyes.

"Soul...?"

The albino was still looking at her.

"Hm?"

Maka breathed harder, and then sighed.

"Nevermind."

Soul knit his eyebrows together and rubbed her shoulder, with his hand that was still around her.

"Just tell me when you feel ready."

She nodded keeping her head down until he slid his hand under her chin and lifted it up.

"Cheer up okay? This night is supposed to be fun, so enjoy yourself Maka."

Nodding again, the waitress came back around asking what they wanted to eat.

Of course, she chose her favorite dish, and handed her menu to the waitress.

While waiting for her food, Maka rested her head on the table, Soul, set his hand on her back and began to rub it while she laid there.

Maka sighed, the young meister, in that moment, finally realized why she wanted to impress Soul so much.

The only problem was wondering how he felt back, or how she could tell him.

The aroma of a pasta dish filled her nose and she perked up, the waitress placed her food down in front of her.

Maka waited patiently as her friends were served.

Her ash blonde pigtails were flung behind her head to avoid getting them in the meal.