I Love You

When Maka's friends were finally served, she dove right into her meal not realizing how hungry she was until Maka finished off the last bite.

The albino sipped his soup and glanced over at her raising his eyebrow.

"Seems like you were hungry."

He finished the last of his soup, and everyone else began to stop eating as well.

"Ready for our walk then!!" Patty jumped up and down in her seat.

"Yeah, let me just pay and then we can go, Maka come with me." Soul grabbed her hand and lead her to the cashiers table.

"E-eto," muttered Maka.

"You guys can head outside," Soul said, glancing back at them.

Everyone else got up and waited outside.

Soul paid for the food and Maka stood next to him, swaying back and forth.

"We should go," she whispered.

As the ash haired meister started toward the door, Soul grabbed her arm.

Maka stopped in her tracts, looked over at him, and realized he was looking at the ground, his long bangs covering his face.

"I-" he stuttered.

Maka's mouth fell open as his next words, a cherry red spreading across her face as he pulled her in for a kiss.

She stood there, feeling as if the world around her was melting, engrossed in the moment.

Maka's eyes began to close as the words he said were ringing in her mind.

"I love you."