Lunch...date?

Emma's pov

After I washed off my cut, which actually wasn't so bad just a small jagged scar that ran along my outer forearm, mason took me out to lunch. I was still debating whether it was a date or a friendly gesture.

We arrived at a cute diner called Rosie's across the street from the mall. Mason was such a gentlemen holding the door open for me.

"Hello, welcome to Rosie's. Only two?" A young man asked.

He was cute with his sparkling green/blue eyes and spiked brown hair. But nothing compared to mason. Looking him over I noticed his name tag that said Jacob.

"Yes table for two only." Mason said disrupting my thoughts.

"Okay this way please." Jacob said looking at me and then winked.

I blushed at his wink and mason must've noticed his gesture cause he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me toward his side.

Jacob took us to a booth table and we thanked him and sat.

After 5 minutes of small chat and looking through the menu, Jacob came back.

"Are you ready to take your order?" He asked

"Yes I'll have the burger and fries please." I said with a smile

"And I'll have the same." Mason replied

"Cool. And what would you like to drink?"

"I'll have a coke please." I said

"Same." Mason said

"Ok. Your drinks will be out soon." Jacob said winking at me.

When he was reaching to take our menus his arm brushed on mine. Pulling back he dropped the menus. Not sure if it was on accident or on purpose I reached down to help him anyways.

When I bent down to help him we both reached for the same menu at the same time. Our eyes reached and I couldn't help but be hypnotized by his eyes.

Still bent over, he stuck out his hand saying "I'm jacob"

I met his hand and shook it. "Emily." I replied

Then I started slowly getting hypnotized by his eyes again.

Another pair of hands grabbed the menus breaking us from our trance. We both straightened out blushing. I looked over to see a smiling amused Jacob and angry pouty mason.

Mason got up suddenly and I got worried thinking he was gonna fight Jacob but surprisingly he came to my booth side and sat down. He pulled me to his side giving Jacob a death glare

I was to shocked by this to even notice Jacob leave. I looked at mason raising an eyebrow as if saying 'what the hell are you doing?'

He blushed which was oh so cute and muttered "I didn't like him hitting on you."

"And whys that?" I questioned with a smirk

His blush turned more red "uhh...um..well..you see.....I just don't ok." He said with a pout.

"Aww is little Macy wacy jealous?"I teased pinching his cheeks.

This caused him to turn tomato red. Wow was he actually jealous? Does this mean he actually may like me?

Before I could contemplate on this more though, Jacob came back with our food and drinks. Wow that was fast. And don't drinks usually come earlier? I shrugged to hungry to care.

I dived into my food and was done in minutes. Wow I think I set a new world record for fastest hamburger and fry eating. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mason looking at me with surprise etched on his face.