First day part one

Chap 4 first day part 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ugh, stupid alarm. Reaching out from under my covers I turned it off. Great. First day of senior day. But then something lifted my mood. The change. Today I was the new and improved Emma Ryder. Goodbye goody two shoes Emma! Goodbye ugly ratty clothes! This is the year everything will change. Well hopefully.

Sure ill start off friendless but I'm determined to make some. Speaking of friends..I thought back to the lunch I had with mason. He still wasn't sure what school his mom enrolled him in but I was praying he was gonna be in my school. After I told him about my family, he did exactly what Mia did after I told her. They gave angry rants about how cruel my dad was. Then comforting words. After we moved past that subject we got to know each other. So could I consider it a date? We never even mentioned that word throughout the whole lunch. Anyway I learned he was really sweet and nice and I was hoping he would become my new best friend. Well maybe even more one day.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ugh ok ok I'm awake. I shut it off and shimmied out of bed looking at the time.

6 am

I had an hour and half. Why was I up so early? Oh right. First day so I needed to pick the right outfit. Not to innocent yet not to slutty I thought.

Getting in the shower I sang and thought of what to wear. When I was done I scanned all the clothes I bought. Ok first day is when you usually have to be sorta dressy. So I picked out a black skater skirt along with a gray criss cross crop top with sleeves that fell at my elbow.

Examining myself I thought, wow this was definitely not me. Usually I would wear my snug jeans with a random tee but now I was showing my legs. Also the top showed a bit of my cleavage. I was having a mental debate whether I was ready for this change or not then my subconscious snapped at me.

'Emma this is your last year of high school. Your last first day! You've been wearing the same thing for your first day for the past 3 years! You are damn ready for this change!'

I sighed and examined myself before going to the bathroom again. Well, running just in case my dad turned up.

My green eyes were full of excitement and greener then ever. Popping in my contacts I then outlined them with little eyeliner and mascara making them pop.

Oh right did I mention I was the type of nerd with braces and glasses? Again MIAS DOING. I told you their practically my family. Over this summer Mia told me I should drop the glasses (which I've had since 7th grade since that was practically the only thing my parents gave me) and she dragged me to the eye doctor and soon I had contacts. Then as if that wasn't enough of a change I got my braces off the next week.

Anyways next I added some light pink lip gloss not wanting to put lipstick. I think that's enough makeup. It wasn't much but I didn't really like makeup. I was surprised I even remembered how to put it on. Again thanks to Mia for teaching me a couple months ago. It was quite boring but I managed to listen to some tips.

Ok accessories next. I put on a necklace with black squares varying in sizes outlined with gold. Also simple bracelets on my left wrist to cover up my cuts.

Looking at myself one last time, this time with ankle boots and my black leather backpack from pink, I was smiling ear to ear. My hair was in its natural straight state with a couple waves falling at my shoulders, my makeup was perfect, and my outfit was on point.

I looked down at my phone (iPhone 5s that again Mia's parents spoiled me with and insisted I was part of there phone plan) and saw the time.

7:30

Wow I took an hour and a half exactly.

Slowly I went down the staircase and went out the back door. If I went through the front I would have to pass my dad and I didn't want to get beaten up this morning. Oh, my bruises and scars. How did I forget?

Quietly getting out and going in my car I observed my legs. It was nice and shaven from yesterday's bath but you could see many bruises. Some faint, some purple. Then I examined my arms. At least only my forearms were showing.

Shrugging I thought well this is the new me I guess. I slowly backed out of my driveway blasting my music with many thoughts revolving my head.

--------- a/n ----------

Hey guys sorry for short boring chapter. I just wanted to separate her outfit and stuff from first day stuff but don't worry! I'm uploading the next chapter later today!

I hope you guys like the outfit idk I just wanted to pick something not to slutty yet not to innocent😕

Question: what do you think will happen her first day? Will Mason show up?