Chapter 33

Harry's POV

I closed the door behind me.

"Follow me here" Jennifer's mom went to her room's open terrace.

I followed her.

"Sit" She pointed on the chair that's right in front of me.

I obeyed her as she also took a seat herself.

I just stayed silent, I feel nervous. I just waited for her to start the conversation.

"I want to talk to you Harry. To say my ... apologies"

Apologies?

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "Why are you saying sorry?"

She sighed a little. "I shouldn't have invited Ben over dinner and even today at the beach."

That actually relieved me.

"You don't have to say sorry"

"But I know you were offended"

Of course I was.

"But it's alright. I understand, Ben is close to this family and I have no right to intrude to that even if I want to."

She smiled slightly. Finally, thank God.

"Thank you for understanding Harry and I'm really sorry"

I smiled at her.

She had a sigh of relief.

"Well, that's not the only thing I want to talk to you about ... I wanna talk to you about Jennifer"

And here we go.

I nodded.

"Are you sure you wanna' marry my daughter?"

"Yes I am, she's the one"

She faced me. "Are you sure you can give the best life she can ever wish for? You sure you will never hurt her? You sure you're gonna make her the happiest?"

Woah

But I answered sincerely and truthfully. "Life isn't perfect, but I know that everyday I will try ... she means the most to me."

"I barely know you Harry, but I can see that you make Jennifer the happiest and that's enough proof for me." She started to smile.

"You have my blessing."

I smiled the biggest. I was happy to have finally heard this. "Thank you very much."