Ch.1 A new pet

It was the last class of the day, unfortunately not for me since I have to help clean up the mess our class did. We have a festival comin' up and lucky for me, I got stuck on being the janitor while everyone else is free to take off. My friends suggested they'd stay and help out, but I assured them it'll be fine. "Don't worry guys, I'll be out of here in no time." I smiled at them while I sweep the ground near the teachers desk.

Sakuya attempts on taking the broom from my hands, but I whacked his head with the end of the broom. "OW! JESUS Y/N I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP OUT!"

I huffed and continued cleaning, "And I said I can handle it, now go on before I'll hit you again with the broom." They smiled at me as they departed, leaving me alone on cleaning up the classroom.

Finally! After what seemed like hours of cleaning I was done! I had the desks cleared off for tomorrow's class, the blackboard all cleaned and new chalks for tomorrow, and I also had the windows polished. I went down the hallway towards the janitors closet to put back the supplies I borrowed and continue my way over to my locker. Once I got there, I switched my shoes out and grabbed onto my book bag then continued to leave the school grounds. 

I lived in the same apartment where Mahiru lives, although we barely hang out after school hours, we were still pretty close. I guess you can say how we're alike, but I'm not obsessed with cleaning unlike him. "Hm, food sounds good right now." I muttered then stopped my tracks when a faint meow came from an alley I passed.

Just keep walking Y/N, it's nothing. I continued walking just a few inches before I forced myself to turn around to see what was in the alley. When my head poked from the corner of the bricked wall, there was a black cat with the end tail being extra fluffy just laying on a cardboard box. Poor little fella. I gathered my courage and went over to the cat and picked them up and carried them in my arms as I ran excitedly to my apartment.

When I arrived to my apartment I quickly placed the cat on my couch, "Stay right here... I'll get something that you could wear around your neck." Then I walked over to my bedroom and began digging through my desk drawers for anything I could craft quickly. My E/C eyes landed on a long red string and a small golden bell, "Perfect!"

I'd taken off my school's coat and tie as I made my way back to where the cat was, which stayed in its spot but was curled up in a ball. "Here you go little fella, just something you could have as a collar for now," I rubbed its head and it purred, how adorable, "Oh right I need to think of a name." I placed myself on the couch having the cat on my lap as I kept thinking of a name, "Hm, I suppose Kuro could be a cute name for you."

Kuro, meows and I let out a small chuckle before getting up and walking over to the kitchen. I don't have any cat food... well I guess the cat can eat some scrapes of my left over chicken from last night. I thought while taking the chicken out from the fridge and heating it up with the microwave. After a few minutes, I carried a small plate with a few meat for the cat and I had a bigger plate with the meat and some carrots. "Eat up Kuro."

Just then, the evening turns into night, which tells me it was bed time as I had another long day at school to attend. I was already in my pajamas (your choice) and was already in bed with Kuro by my feet, "Good night Kuro, see you in the morning." I smiled before turning off my lamp on my nightstand, not knowing what was going to happen tomorrow.