☯dos☯

{2 days later}

☯calum☯

my phone vibrates in my jeans pocket, indicating that i have a text. i pull it out and wipe the dusty screen.

luke lights up my screen and i open the text. it simply says 'hi'.

c:hey

l: whatcha doing?

c: building a rollercoaster

l: but we dont have a 104 days in summer vacation

c:way to kill the mood

l: well acc im not sure about 2/3 months

c: okay im actually about to go across the road

l:why?

c:new neighbour, shes fucking hot

l: :)

c: plus shes punk rock

l:many people are...

c:i know but like nirvana. we have matching shirts

l: aww, so cute

c:u dont know wat she looks like

l: she hots. thats enough info

l:*stalker mode activate*

c: xD bii

"calum! hurry up!"

i roll my eyes at my impatient sister. "coming, mali!" i storm down the stairs and jump onto the floor. my mum laughs at my energy. "let's get going."

halfway there, i knudge mum. "are those cookies?" i smirk. she looks up at me and brings the plate further away. she rings the bell and i pout.

"don't even try it."

the door opens and the girl stands their smiling, with silver braces. "hi!" she has a strong british accent. cute!

"hello, we just wanted to welcome you to the neighbourhood, so we made these cookies," mum replies. technically, only she and mali made them.

"thank you! would you like to come in? for some coffee or tea?"

mum smiles, "sure. why not?!" i look over at my sister and shrug my shoulders. we pile into the house and i stand awkwardly in the hall, fiddling with the frayed materials on my sleeves.

the girl's mum rushes into the hallway and she smiles. "hello. i'm alison and this is my daughter, sky..." wow, that's a beautiful name...

i'm pulled out of my daydream, when i notice everyone walking into the connected room.

we sit around the coffee table and minutes later, a smaller version of sky walls in. she must be her sister. i think her names belle..

"well, calum's 18. what school are you going to sky?"

she taps her feet, nervously. "erm, i think greenwood high? in a month."

"aww, the both of you can go to school together!"

"that would be lovely," alison chirps."why don't you both go upstairs and get to know eachother?"

sky's eyes widen and her mother tries to contain her laughter.

"okay then, let's go to my fortress of solitude." she runs up the stairs, pretending to fly like superman and i laugh.

"so you like 'all time low' as well?" i smirk, reading her t-shirt.

"yeah, definitely. their kinda cute, but really fucking talented," she smiles.

her bedroom door has a poster saying: 'beware!' she pushes the door and the inside is revealed.

posters cover the walls and clothes litter the floor.

she bites her lip and looks at the bed. "sorry about the mess. still getting used to the space."

"it's fine," i reply. " just kinda unexpected." she raises her eyebrows.

"have you ever met a girl? other than your sister?" she adds.

"i thought, it was just her." she laughs and flops on her bed, patting the space beside her.

"wanna watch movie?"

"sure. which one?"

"don't mind. you choose."

her hands hovered over the keyboard. "how 'bout 'the dark knight'?"

"hm, never seen it."

my mouth drops and i turn to see her hair dripping over her face.

"what?" she smiles.

"your simply insane," i state.

"why, thank you!"

the movie begins. the room was quiet with the low voices of the actors/actresses. and the occasional commentary from either of us.

my mind wanders off, thinking of the bed and my next door neighbour.

oh my fuck, no!

i turn and see her staring. she blushes and looks back at the screen.

i smirk. "like what you see?"

she smiles, "no."

there's a sudden knock on the door.

"lovebirds, i wont come in, in case your 'doing the do'. don't think i couldn't see your faces downstairs! anyway, dinners ready!" mali yells.

"shut up, mali!" i shout.

i laugh, when i see sky with her hands covering her face.

"relax." i put my hand on her shoulder and she stiffens.

my hand freezes and a sudden thought comes to mind.

"wait, you've never-"

"let's go have supper, shall we?" she leaps from the bed, out the room and i trail downstairs, after her.

--
omg x factor ok so. stereo kicks. i want one...