Epilogue

Those who survived, by fate or by instinct, had moved to Malibu and the Avengers now officially operated from Tony's mansion.

Speaking of whom, in his spirit of altruism, Tony decided to buy the house from whoever owned it through inheritance - he could not imagine any other way through which anyone may acquire a building that nursed hell itself.

The woman lived in a remote region in some faraway country and had never stepped foot in what, technically, was her house - making her nearly impossible to track - which made perfect sense to everybody for if they owned a house that God herself had personally abandoned, they would also like to be nowhere near it, let alone in it.

Having purchased the abomination, Tony decided never to rent it to anyone ever again, in stark contrast to the previous owner; for what little money that would come from it would, in the purest of sense, be blood money.

Nobody remained the same - a part of the house still flowed through your veins and had taken root somewhere deep inside your head, ever-growing. And yet, you had been spared a fate worse than death, if that stood for any compensation.

Once again, the Avengers had managed to save the world from evil. If only they had been able to save themselves.