Late Night Drives

The best cars are the ones with that nice new car scent. No weird smell, no plastic-y scent. A '96 type car smell. Cruising in the evening where the air is calm, cool and crisp. Listening to slow music while admiring all the lights from stores you pass.

It's a lonely night where all the songs seem to know what you're feeling and why you're feeling that way. Where the wind hits your hair and you don't even bother moving it cause there's no point if the windows going to be down the rest of the drive.

You're sad. The unknown number of times you sit in that car that's put in drive while your minds in neutral. The urge to cry but feel as if you're just acting sad, yet... the feelings intact and you are. But why? It's another night of crying from confusion. No you're not on your period. You're being you. Period.

It's a lonely night and your mind wanders cause there's nothing TO do but look into space and think of everything. You're talking to no one. Your focus on everyone. It's a lonely night and all you can think of is WHY is it such a lonely night. I love the peace, but at this moment in time, the peace is a little too much to endure.

A whiff of that new car smell comes back, you're calm. It's a lonely night. But you're finally home.