How It Came To Be

Drinking the memories away. Unintentionally.
Your thoughts overfilling like the cup you're drinking out of. So many images playing through your mind as to why you're there at that time in life, hydrating yourself with poison.

Is every action made, useful? Are they playing a trick on you? Are you overthinking or thinking just enough?

Once the heart has been broken, exposed to the true reality of love. Everything is imaginary til proven real.

Love is what you hate, yet... what you love.
Love gave you the sweet taste of honey, the touch of a loved one. There was no need to seek the future, or reminisce on the hardworking past. It was the smile in the now. The cupping of one's hand around your face, as you nuzzle into it relaxed and secured. The hidden butterfly feeling before you go to bed knowing you're loved. Smiling and bragging to yourself that you love, love. That the world is spinning the right pace, and the air is clear, everything makes sense. I know what I want, who I am! Lov-

But love. Love is something I hate too.
Love gave you something to cry about. With the images of what once was. The smiles that were shared and the memories that ended in high notes. The shaking from a touch of a now stranger that you once considered your forever. Giggling at stupid songs you used to sing along to with them and have that same song blur your eyes while you grip hard on the steering wheel hoping not to crash... Love gave you that thought when you walk into that store and have a ghost of your past replay the time you hid around the corner to scare them and have them jump back freaked, just to attack you as a consequence, laughing while being tightly wrapped in a hug you once felt warmth.

Another round of poison please. One to forget the memories for just a second. Because love wants you to know how it punishes and rewards. Both so strong it's a process you're forced into. Knock some sense into us. That we're alive. And soon we'll be dead. But it's how we live, and the only way we live is finding which is the right love for us. The one that you can share wholeheartedly. Whether it be a someone, something, or somewhere. You can't drown, nor simply float. You have to bobble.

Love is truly a hit or miss. It's what we make of life. And it's what life makes of us.