The Check Up

Don't forget to check up on your friends.

Although highly active online, their lives drag on in a state where they don't do much. You, your friends, family members. Every once in a while, needs a check up. Not with a doctor. With you.

To realize the distance between you and another, doesn't mean they aren't trying. You both are in a situation where life flashed by and you never got around to the "check up". A routine commonly known to be passed by when notified.

So go. Go see if your friend from middle school ever got to their dream college. See if your old lover ever found a change in living. See if your cousin is succeeding regardless of passive abusive parents. The crazy part about check ups is that it creates a ripple effect. One where your relationship with them, starts back up just for a second. And you decide if you want to keep it going, or stop it once more.

There were so many people throughout your life, so many things that made the sky bright blue. But with all the living and moving, everything that once was, soon goes unnoticed. How about we try to slow down a little and make plans? A mini road trip, light gossiping and karaoke while we watch the sun set and find the roads getting dark. A new tattoo that no one knew you'd get cause you always planned to but never made a move.

It always starts with a "hey" but never ending with a "see you then!" To check up is to be physical and find time. Create memories with a memory. Imprint til you no longer can. Life's too short to question everything and not attempt answers.

Who's going to make the move? You? Them? It's truly time for a reality check.