10

The next morning, I was up earlier than usual, and I was in the midst of brushing my hair mindlessly.
My mind was constantly on overdrive, the possibilities of what they wanted to tell me were endless.
What if they decided they didn't want me around anymore? I can't go back, I don't want to. I just found Dad.
What if he doesn't want me anymore, decided I was too much of a hassle?
My train of though was broken by a sharp knock on my door.
Opening it up, I see my father and Alex, both dressed in royal finery.
Ooh la la, he looks delicious in that princely attire.
Shaking my head at the ridiculous thoughts, I invited them in.
"Good morning Dad, Prince Alex." I said, and kept the hairbrush down.
"Good morning sweetie. Are you ready?" He asked, looking at my attire.
Only then did I realise I was only in a thin chemise, in front of my father and Alex.
"Oh shoot!" I screamed and jumped on the bed, covering my body upto my chest with the duvet.
Laughter rang out in the room, and I looked down as my cheeks burned with embarrassment.
Ugh, what a lovely start to the day!
I groaned out loud.
"Could I please get 10 minutes?" I mumbled, pulling the duvet further on me.
"Sure honey. Just remember to come to the dining hall." Dad said, walking out.
Alex, however, stood still.
Why isn't he leaving?
Clapping my hands in front of him, I yelled, "Yoohoo! Snap out of it, Dreamboy!"
"Dreamboy?" He repeated, humour and amusement laced in his voice.
"Y-you know what I m-mean! Out!" I stuttered, standing up and crossing my arms in front of my chest.
His eyes darkened as they ran down my body.
Bad move.
"Out, Alex!" I screamed and pushed him out, slamming the door.
Somehow, after 10 minutes, I managed to scram out of my room, dressed up and in one piece.
"I'm here!" I yell as I burst through the dining hall's doors.
I heard Dad chuckle as I took a seat next to him, panting a bit.
"That was quite a workout, wasn't it?" Uncle Jarred grinned and asked me, while Amber stifled her laugh.
"Well, I have to make the breakfast worth my workout, isn't it?" I said, smiling back and piling pancakes onto my plate.
Food, glorious food.
After breakfast, dad led me to a more secluded part of the library, and motioned for me to take a seat.
"What is it, Dad? You look troubled." I asked, eyeing his pale and sweaty face.
He gulped, and pulled out a book from the centre of the shelf.
I watched in utter disbelief, as the shelf split in two, revealing a small passage with a light at the end of it.
"I had it brought here when I came." He said, as walked quickly towards the light.
A large vertical stone stood under the light, illuminating the aged paper roll lying delicately on it.
He picked it up, and gently handed it over to me.
"Darling, read this."
"What is it?" I asked, carefully holding the ancient roll in my hand.
"Just read it."
Gulping, I proceeded to read it out loud.

                                                                                                          ⚜️⚜️⚜️
                                                                    " The Rose be guarded but only by ten,
                                                                       Stronger than ten most powerful men,
                                                                       She will have to endure loss and pain,
                                                                       For without it there can be no gain.
                                                                       She would be the bringer of light,
                                                                      Two worlds will she have to unite,
                                                                      With powers completely unique,
                                                                      Judge her not by her physique,
                                                                      Or by her quaintness,
                                                                      For she is destined for greatness."
                                                                                                  ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Shakily, I let out a breath.
What was this supposed to mean?
Uncle Jared gave me a small smile and took the paper out of my hand, while Amber nudged me into the chair.
"W-what was this?" I asked, my eyes darting to my father.
"This is a ten thousand year old prophecy that was foretold by our ancestors to the ruling King and Queen of that era. It's about..." But before Uncle Jared could say any more, dad puts a hand on his mouth.
"About?" I prompted, my curiosity at its peak.
"I'll explain that later, when you aren't hyperventilating." Dad said, while pulling me up, and pushing me out.
"But oh com.."
I huffed as the door slammed on my face, and I heard Amber and Alex laugh outside beside me.
Shaking my head, I walked towards the meadow, and took a seat under a large shady tree.
I guess that explanation is for another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey lovelies!
I know, it's a really short chapter, but I think it's too early to reveal the secret, don't you think?😉
If you liked it, please be a dear and click the star icon below or leave a comment!
Yours truly,
Anu :)