It's So Hard to Say Goodbye

"What's the plan for today?" Alan asked as they finished cleaning the kitchen after breakfast.

"We get dressed and go outside." Changeling couldn't wait. "It's time to play in the snow!"

"Yay!" Christopher and Charlotte cheered.

"Come along." Raven held her hand out. "We need to get dressed."

Charlotte took her hand and they floated out together.

Christopher attacked his mother's legs. "Let's go, Mommy!"

Starfire laughed before swinging him up into her arms and striding off to the elevator.

Bumble Bee kissed Calvin's cheek as he babbled. "See you guys out there." She left.

Terra tugged on Jinx's arm. "Come on! I can't wait to go outside!"

"It should be fun." Rita agreed as she followed them out.

Nightwing frowned as he looked over the common room. "I guess that leaves us to clean up the room. They did that on purpose..."

#happyholidays

The large group made it outside and marveled over the pristine winter wonderland. Snow covered every substance and glistened from every tree. It was beautiful.

Christopher broke away from his mom and ran to a snow bank to jump in it. He fell over backwards and tumbled down the hill.

Starfire gasped. "Christopher!"

He popped up. "Come on, Mommy! It's fun!"

She floated over and sat on top of the snow bank then shivered. "Burr! It is so the cold!"

Christopher threw snow at her. "It's so pretty!"

Starfire sputtered. "It is."

Christopher began throwing snow into the air.

Nightwing walked over. "What are you doing?"

Christopher shrugged. He threw a handful of snow at his father.

Nightwing brushed off his coat. "Okay." He jerked forward. "Ow!"

Starfire looked up at him. "Are you injured, Boyfriend Nightwing?"

He smiled at her wording before he jerked forward again. "Ow! Who keeps throwing- is that snow?! Ow!" He wiped snow from his face.

Starfire and Christopher giggled.

He heard more laughs as he turned. Changeling, Cyborg and Kid Flash were laughing up a storm. "Hey!"

Changeling threw another snowball.

Nightwing glared. "Stop it!"

Kid Flash threw the next one.

"I'm warning you!"

Cyborg threw an extra large snowball.

Nightwing growled and started throwing snowballs back.

"Ha ha!" Changeling turned into an octopus and started throwing snowballs at anyone standing still.

"Oh, it is on!" Cyborg stuffed snow into his arm cannon and started aiming at people.

Kid Flash zipped around amassing snowballs and making a fortress.

The girls got in on it because they were pummeled, too. The kids ran back and forth, trying to play, too. Clark and Alan looked at each other and shrugged before getting in on it.