Chapter 2

Silence fell heavily upon the pair as Pyrrha blinked, emerald eyes staring into the ocean blue orbs of her teammate.  Jaune blinked back, his mouth opening in shock as he tried to process what Pyrrha had just asked.  Pyrrha paused, eyebrows bent in a sad frown as she squeezed Jaune's hand in her own.

"I-I don't know.  I-I guess?"  Jaune stammered as he looked at Pyrrha for a moment, his eyes struggling to find a hint as to what was bothering his teammate so deeply.  Pyrrha was always strong, she was the heart and soul of the team, and to see her like this shook Jaune in a way that he knew he couldn't get used to.

"I see."  Pyrrha said quietly as she looked back to her lap, her eyes scanning over her armor as she searched for the answer to her own question.  She knew Jaune was concerned, she didn't have to look back at him to know he was wearing a concerned frown, eyebrows bent slightly with sad eyes and his mouth slightly agape.  Pyrrha knew it well.

"Pyrrha, what's this about?"  Jaune asked quietly, his eyes scanning over her face.  Pyrrha inhaled, deep and slow as she tried to make sense of it all to herself.  She wished she knew how to explain, how to make the choice herself, she never should of let it come to this.  She felt like the decision was tearing her apart from the inside, ripping her to shreds as she always had the daunting feeling that something would go wrong.  

"What if everything you thought you wanted, everything you worked for, was all pushed aside?  What if a choice came and everything you wanted now doesn't matter so much anymore because of the one choice?  What if I don't know what to do?"  Pyrrha asked, her voice breaking as she stood up, letting go of Jaune's hand as she walked towards the window.  On the window, two autumn leaves clung to the window before the wind whipped past the window and stole one of the leaves.

Pyrrha didn't have to turn around to know that Jaune had quickly stood up after her.  The soft sound of footsteps filled her ears as a tear slid down her cheek, the window becoming blurry from shedding tears.  Jaune's hand found it's way to her shoulder and Pyrrha lifted her hand to her mouth, sobbing quietly into her hand as Jaune stepped next to her.

"Not everyone knows what to do all the time.  Not even the teachers.  I think, you should do what you think is right.  You always know to do the right thing, and I'll always support you, Pyrrha."  Jaune said quietly, voice barely breaking above a whisper as Pyrrha let her head hang in defeat.  She didn't know what to do.  She hated the feeling, she wished she could find it easier to make the decision.

Once again, a heavy silence fell between the two as Pyrrha weighed the choice.  A battle echoed in her head as she fought for which one she should choose.  Her throat tightened as she lifted her head slightly, her cheeks a rosy red from the recently shed tears.

"Thank you, Jaune."  Pyrrha said quietly after a little while, Jaune nodded quietly behind her.  Sound had left him, instead was replaced with a quiet understanding as he let his hand drop from her shoulder and he watched her for a moment.  She seemed more composed, her hands were still shaking a little but Jaune looked down at the ground for a moment.

"See ya later, Pyrrha."  Jaune said as he opened the door, letting his head move back to look at Pyrrha one last time before leaving.  Pyrrha nodded though she didn't turn around and Jaune let a little sigh escape him before he walked out, the door closing behind him.

Pyrrha collapsed, the impact was hard but Pyrrha couldn't feel the pain.  Sobs ripped from Pyrrha's throat as she let her hands cover her face, her body shook her as she wept into her hands.  She folded over herself, strong composure ripped from her as soon as it was given.

Even as she sobbed on the floor, the same question echoed in her head.  Painfully loud and never ceasing as she stared through blurry vision and broken cries.

Do you believe in destiny?

A/N: Hello guys!  Sorry this one is a little shorter but it was sadder and I've been kind of busy.  Thank you very much for reading!  Let me know if you want me to keep writing this, anyway.  I hope you enjoyed it!