Five More

Clank opened the door to reveal his lombax friend sitting up on the edge of the bed. 

"Are you feeling any better Ratchet?" Clank inquired as he shut the door behind him.

The Goldenrod jumped a little seeming to have been too caught up in his thoughts to notice the bot come in. His fur soon relaxed as the two pairs of green eyes met. 

"I guess." Ratchet said scratching behind his ears and gazing to the side.

"But I still have a lot of questions. Like what the thing on my back is doing, why it has a voice box, and if it would turn into a bomb if I tried to escape here cuz honestly it is starting to creep me out." Ratchet said his hands reaching behind his neck to feel the metallic spider-like device. 

"Well, the device is linking your spine back together. The voice box is there to update you and I on the status of your body's healing process..." Clank paused before continuing.

"As for it being a bomb. Goodness! I didn't think of that while Nefarious and I were building it. I mean it could if someone were to send the proper coding to the device. Thankfully only Nefarious and I have access to the devices code." Clank said keeping a straight face but soon found it extremely difficult as all color drained from Ratchets face.

"I have a BOMB attacked to my NECK and a crazed robot who hates organic life can set it off? HOW IS THAT SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR!" Ratchet said his eyes as big as saucers and his fur spiking up.

Clank couldn't contain his laughter and broke character seeing as Ratchet was taking this seriously. 

"Oh Ratchet, you have been watching too much sci-fi themed horror. There is no need to fear the device as there is nothing inside it that could even cause such a combustion reaction." Clank chuckled watching Ratchets expression turn from utter terror to a defensive (and slightly pissed) furball.

"Not. Funny." Ratchet said with an unamused expression.

"Well, I thought it was. I am glad you are feeling better my friend." Clank commented as he tried to stop his laughter.

Ratchet gave an annoyed sigh and layed his back against the bed with his legs dangling off the edge. Clank joined him hopping up on the bed and laid back.

"So what happened? The last thing I remember I had piloted the ship Quark loaned us through a class 4 asteroid belt flawlessly." Ratchet said raising an eyebrow sarcastically.

"Ratchet I am shocked that it wasn't your flying skills that made us crash. That ride was anything but flawless! However, you did make it through without severe damage so I will give you that." Clank started giving a sarcastic pat on Ratchets head earning a snicker from the Lombax. 

"However, it was one of the doctor's weapons that shot us down. He wasn't too pleased that we were shot down as he was expecting Quark and ordered the ship to be stunned and grounded, not obliterated." Clank paused.

"He actually wanted to help you. Would you like to know why?" Clank asked his head turning towards his partner.

"Eh, maybe a little." Ratchet said with a shrug.

"He said that if you were gone he would have to put up with Quark," Clank said with a smile that soon faded.

"What's wrong?" Ratchet said sensing the uneasiness of his pal.

"Well, Nefarious found an article today. It seems as if Quark wanted us to be killed off in the asteroid belt," Clank said in a low voice.

"Woah woah woah, what?!" Ratchet said eyes widening.