What would I do without you?

"Ratchet!" Clank cried out in alarm as the gemstones were now vibrating and the stones on the bracelets glowed a brilliant white hue.

Ratchet chuckled almost darkly his bright green eyes focused on the opponent in front of the heroes. At the last possible moment, ratchet lifted his hands up and angled the gemstones to form a white, glitching beam of light and aimed it straight at the center of the bot before firing directly through the bots laser blast. Not only did this cancel the droids blast, but it also obliterated the bot to the point of disintegration.

"Who hoo!" Ratchet jumped up and down as adrenaline was still pumping through him.

"Ratchet don't you ever pull a stunt like that again!" Clank said in an exasperated voice as he detached from the lombax and held a scolding finger up to emphasize his displeasure in his friend's choice of action.

Ratchet merely laughed and fell onto his back still laughing.

"Oh the look on your face! I just can't!" Ratchet said in between gasps of laughter.

Nefarious took notes trying to conceal the smirk oh his face as well. It seemed Ratchet was recovering pretty quickly for the amount of stress his body was under. Perhaps his body had healed enough for nanotechnology to start patching him up as well as the device. However, that didn't explain how he seemed mentally sane at the moment. Perhaps he had underestimated the squishy... just this once.

Ratchet laid on the floor laughing for a little while and the doctor noticed something. It was almost like the laughing itself was what was healing him. 'I guess laughing in the face of danger wasn't just a slogan. Did laughing really have that much power?' The slender droid decided to ask Clank about it later.

After a few minutes, Clank had finally calmed down and sighed.

"Ratchet what were you thinking? You could have blasted yourself!" Clank's voice was almost glitchy.

Ratchet had stopped laughing and looked at his friend with a weak smile, "Clank. Deadly circumstances are part of my job description. It is going to happen someday, and I need to accept that. I have already learned that retiring isn't an option. That is a no-brainer... however the only other alternatives are die captured... or die fighting. Which would you choose?"

This caught both Clank and Nefarious off guard.

'Scratch that, Ratchet might have clinical depression. Greeeeeaaaaaat." Nefarious noted in his head sarcastically. 

Ratchet slowly stood to his feet and stretched, "Honestly though, I feel a little out of shape. There were a couple of messy dodges here and there that I would usually have no problem with, especially after the gladiator games a while back." 

Nefarious froze, "Gladiator?"

Ratchet turned his head around and continued stretching, "Yup! That was a while ago too. At any moment my head would have been blown off if I was too boring, my life story was twisted and shamed on live television, and one of my close friends was blasted in the back of the head trying to deactivate the head-blowing device. His head is half metal now." Ratchet paused knocking his fist on the side of his head before continuing on.

"No need to worry about that place anymore though. DreadZone of the Solana galaxy was detonated by the creator of the gladiator games himself." Ratchet said with an eye roll, "The moron was salty that I singlehandedly beat everyone in his roster. Including his star player..." 

Ratchet paused his expression changing to a somber one. "That last fight was a bit more personal. Mainly because the guy finally came around in the end and even gave me advice. However, he was killed because the fight round had already ended."