chapter 7

To say William was delighted by the view in front of him would be an understatement. But alas, there she was and she had never looked more ravishing.

Not being able to hold himself back any longer, he walked closer to her and covered her body with his own.

Lizzie who had been least expecting a sudden manly weight on her, opened her eyes in a surprise only to be forced to close them shut again when William's warm mouth came crashing down upon hers.

*

Waking up alone in the bed next morning, Lizzie could not decide whether to be relieved or disappointed. She surely did not want to have the awkwardness that came with a one night stand - well a two night stand, if there could even be one- but she also felt empty and cold.

Brushing off her hair, she rushed straight to the washroom to have a relaxing bath. God, knows she needed one after the activities she had indulged in, last night.

As she sighed in relief at the feeling of her muscles relaxing, and could not help but blush as the memories of her and William kept flashing in front of her eyes.

She calmed her heart. She could not be pondering on those thoughts again. William was just a good lay in her eyes and there was nothing else in him that she could find good enough to pursue. Moreover, he had made it plenty clear that he was not interested in her by his behaviour, first at the party and then today morning when he left her alone in the bed, without a note or a text.

Lizzie efficiently completed her morning routine and decided to choose a yellow, off the shoulder number that her sister had bought for her and insisted that she pack it in her luggage.
It was different than what she normally wore. It was light and bright unlike her usually tight and dull layers and in a way it made her feel younger and more lively.

As she left to join the others for breakfast, a smile almost subconsciously took over her face attracting everyone to the beauty that she really was

*

Alas, her smile did not last long. For she was welcomed by the sorry image of her mother and Lydia at her breakfast table with the rest of her company.

Lizzie could not believe her own eyes for the first ten minutes but when her mother made a comment about how she should have joined everyone earlier and how fun the company was, she knew that it indeed was the time to run and lock up.

However, before she could come up with an excuse take even a step back, her eyes caught the extra plate of breakfast sitting on the table as if prepared specifically for her and Lizzie surrendered to her mother's and younger sister's voices as she quietly joined the table.

The day seemed to be going excruciatingly slow for the breakfast was followed by a tour of the resort gardens, followed by a lunch, a tea, a game of billiards, and dinner.

It was annoying for Lizzie, but for the first time it seemed to be affecting Jane as well. The sweet Jane who never complained or held a grudge seemed to be extremely irritated by their mother's presence. Lydia had vanished some time during the tour of the garden, which pinched a bit in Lizzie's heart for her younger sister's known escapades but right now it was as if Jane was going to blow up any moment if she did not deal with the problem soon. As they were making their way to the parlour, Lizzie quietly slipped one of her sleeping pills into her mother's unattended drink, and excused herself and her mother quietly as the medicine came to take effect.

*

William was annoyed to say the least. Today was supposed to be the last night of the getaway and all he wanted to do was spend the day with or at least around Lizzie. He could not explain the reason or motive behind his desire but it was something about her which seemed to pull him in and get to know more. She had looked beautiful in color and he wished she would wear it more often not that she looked any less ravishing in her other ensembles but the yellow dress seemed to make her stand out in his eyes. He had prepared a breakfast plate for her specifically based on his observation of her preferences. He wanted to ask for her company for the rest of the day to get to know her better and maybe apologize for his comment back at the party. He had been wrong. God had he been wrong. Elizabeth Bennett was in no way tolerable. She was beautiful to say the least but most importantly she was open minded, independent and smart.

However, his plans foiled for Lizzie for left chaperoning her mother around so that Jane and Charles could have a few moments to themselves.

He sometimes was envious of his friend who could easily express his emotions especially to his woman of interest, while William was stuck regretting not taking initiative or speaking the wrong thing.

He sighed as he watched the brunette walk away with her mother and decided to assist her, if only to spend a few extra moments with her.