004

Song: Walkin in Hawkins - Stranger Things Soundtrack

[ Put earphones in to have a better experience in listening to the music while reading the story. Otherwise, thank you and enjoy - Narrator ]

-.-.-.-

I reached my house and the sun was already setting, painting the sky with colours of pink, orange and blue, it was beautiful. I parked my bicycle on the side of my house's porch pushing down it's supporter to the ground.

Climbing up the porch's steps I grabbed the spare key in my bag that my parents gave me. The glass windows on either sides of the door presented the yellow colour of the interior house's lights, that's how I figured my family were already home.

I unlocked the door and entered. The house was fully furnished and designed, it looked way better than scattered boxes lying all over!

I dropped my bag on the ground right beside the entrance, "MOM I'M HOME!" I yelled.

"HI SWEETIE!" My mom yelled back her voice coming from the kitchen; I went to the living room and greeted my dad and my brother, they greeted back. Then I walked into the kitchen which came after the dining room. "Hi mom." I kissed her on the cheek, she attempted to kiss back however her focus was on the food she was stirring on the stove, "Hi darling, how are you?"

"I'm good, just really tired. The food smells good though." I leaned on my mom's shoulder.

"Oh thanks, I'm making your favorite... f/f! (favorite food) " She said enthusiastically . "You're the best ma!" I squealed happily and kissed my mom on the cheek again.  "I'm gonna go do some school work before dinner." I spoke.

"Ok, sounds good sweetie. I'll call you when dinner's done." I nod and head out of the kitchen.

Grabbing my bag that I dropped on the entrance I swung it over my shoulder and headed up the stairs to my bedroom. Entering my bedroom, I threw myself on the bed sighing.

Before I reached home my thoughts were flooded by the same thought, debating on whether I should go to Mike's or not, it was tiring me. A part of me wanted to go so desperately so I can make new friends and maybe have fun. And the other part of me, thinks that I shouldn't go so I can avoid the judgement. Maybe I should talk it out with my mom on dinner tonight and see what she thinks. I sat up from my bed and sat on my desk's chair and began doing school work.

---

Time passed by and I finished my homework, I was called down for dinner by my mom and now I'm sitting on the dinner table eating food. When silence fell upon the table, I thought that it'd be a good timing for me to ask my mom about going to Mike's.

"Uhhh mom, so umm my friend William Byers, do you remember him? My friend at school?" I spoke playing with the food on my plate with my fork. "Yeah, what about him?" She questioned looking at me.

"So he asked me today, since it's a Friday night, that maybe I should go with him to his friend's house, Michael Wheeler, and play D&D..." My mom hummed gesturing me to continue. "So do you think I should go or not..?" I shrugged nervously.

"I don't know honey, I mean do you want to?" 

"Yeah I do. But to be true with you mom, I'm kinda nervous, like I wanna go to make new friends and stuff, but at the same time I'm scared they'd judge me and not want me around.." I vented.