Chapter Two

"Hi." The next morning in guitar class I saw Luke again, so I had decided this would be a good time to finally introduce myself.

"I'm Jamie.." He quickly brushed his eyes up at me for a short second, but didn't say anything.

"Okay class! I believe you have all played guitar before, so we will just jump right into the lesson!" Aly, our guitar teacher walked in, stopping my chance at finally having a conversation with Luke.

After class, I decided to try talking to Luke again.

"Hi... guess we kind of got interrupted back there, hey?" "Yeah." "So.. where did you learn to play guitar so well?" "Look - I gotta go." And he left. He was gone, yet again. "Ok.."

As he walked off, he had his head down facing the ground as usual, but I swear for a split second I saw him look back at me.

-

"Jamie, where did you go after guitar class today? I couldn't find you.." Megan asked. "I just took a longer way back to the cabin - by the lake." She looked at me disapprovingly. "Oh no.. you weren't with Luke were you?" "No.. I just wanted to see the lake finally." "Ok.. but I think you like him." "Hey!" "Just saying.."

We just laughed it off and got ready for bed.

-

I found myself always thinking about Luke. Like he was a mountain, and I couldn't get over it, no matter how hard I climbed. I needed to talk to someone about it, but I couldn't tell anyone here at camp, because they'd all just tell me I was being delusional because well, he was Luke Hemmings. But luckily, I knew someone I could tell.

I grabbed my laptop and logged into my Skype account I had made, and called Anne.

"Hey! How are you? How's camp?" She answered right away just as I expected. "I'm good, I just need to talk to you about something.." "What is it?" "Well, camps been great and all, it's just-" "Wait - is it a boy?!" "Actually, yes." "So what's the issue?" "Well, I've never really had a proper conversation with him yet, but it's like I just can't get myself to not think about him. He's always on my mind. There's just something special about him - I can feel it. It's just that everyone here refuses to talk to him because he's not really that social or outgoing like everyone else, but I see something special in him." "What's his name?" "Luke Hemmings." "Well, sounds like you got some guy troubles girl - just remember I'm always here to talk to."

This was all too crazy. I felt this wild connection to this boy I had barely ever talked to - it was all too unpredictable.