Ice Packs and Bandages

"Hey there, babe!" Tyson's eye twitches and his fists are shaking. Ew, I hate him calling me babe. Elch!

"Tyson, what are you doing?" I start backing up as he stalks towards me.

"You saw what I did to that punk, right?" His pupils are small and eyes wide.

"Yeah, it was completely wrong!"

"It doesn't matter! He went for me first!" His creepy a** smile dropped to a frown.

"You didn't have to knock him out!" I point to Devon.

"Oh! You're taking his side now, are you?" Man, I'm putting myself into a lot more trouble. Hurry up, Dya!

"Y-Yeah I am." I can feel my confidence ebbing away in the air. Tyson growls and rushes forward, pushing me into the brick wall behind me. His hand captures my throat and pulls out a pocket knife. Wait a second...A POCKET KNIFE?! Ughhh, this boy has got some iSsuEs.

"Wrong move, little girl," he snarls. I am not that short! I'm at least 5'3". Maybe.

"Tyson, this isn't you. What are you doing?" I ask, trembling. He doesn't answer, just presses the knife closer to my neck. I swallow. Tyson keeps on pressing the cold blade closer and closer to my neck until it draws blood. It's minimal, but still effective.

"HEY! Tyson Dungburg!" A new voice yells. Dungburg? Wow, that's sad. "Get away from her!" One of the teachers yells. Tyson rolls his eyes, but I feel the blade go away. Ah, thank the Lord in heaven that Dya has great timing! I cough, holding my neck as the teacher yells at Tyson and drags him by the ear to the principle's office. Dya rushes to my side.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" She asks, checking me over.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But I don't think Devon is." I point to his unmoving body.

"Come on, I'll help you take him to the infirmary."

"With the crappy nurses?" I ask, trying to joke around. It works. Dya giggles.

"With the crappy nurses." I get up and walk towards Devon. He doesn't look good. His nose is bleeding, his eye has a nasty shade of purple surrounding it, and probably a lot more bruises underneath his clothes. Dya grabs his feet while I pick him up from underneath the arms. We go to the nurses office.

At the nurses office, the same one who tended my wounds, tends to Devon, barely. She gives me an ice pack, tells me where to get more, and walks off, picking up her purse on the way out. What'd I expect? I shake my head and put the ice pack on Devon's eye. I clean up the blood and sit in the chair, waiting to tell the teacher or principle what happened.

Exactly 30 minutes later, the principal walks in, spots me waiting and pulls up a chair.

"Miss Haylee, do you mind telling me what happened?" I nod and start from the beginning. I told him about how I was pressured into being Tyson's girlfriend and going out on a date with him. I told him how he threatened me multiple times and touched me inappropriately. I told him how Devon stood up for me, but Tyson got out of control and beat him up. And finally, I told him how Tyson slit my neck.

"Thank you for telling me this. Tyson will be suspended for a long time as well as whatever his parents punish him. Now, are you okay? This must've been a scary experience, no?"

"I'm fine. I'll be better when Devon wakes up and can still talk." I chuckle softly.

"Okay. I'll leave you two alone. You may help him however you need to. I'm going to make a few calls." I nod and he walks out. I lean back in my chair and close my eyes, not wanting to think about Tyson or how bad Devon looks. I was about to drift off into a light sleep when I heard a voice.