Imagine this.

Imagine it.
Imagine free falling, your heart wild and mad in your chest as you plumet down to the surface.
Imagine base jumping, the fall and the silence after you've sunken below the water.
Imagine feeling like you can handle anything!
No more second guessing the backs of strangers, no brain to make up fake things.
No more fear that you'll turn around,
Or that you'll open your eyes,
Or that he will be waiting for when you're holding it together the best,
I want to do that.
I want to be that woman.
Fearless. Content. Happy.
I want to be happy in this world where happiness is fleeting and each word spells a new mute misery.
I want to be happy in this place where everyone is a theif, a murderer, a mayter, a vitcim.
I want to drown out the lies my ears tell with the shouts of my friends, my family.
I don't want to be the girl who survived. I want to be the woman who decided her past wasn't what defined her...
I want to be the girl without scars on her wrists, or maybe I want to be the girl who has words carved into her skin for all to see. Maybe I want everyone to know the transgressions of the past, so they know that I am not that girl, I am not just the one that spoke out or survived.
Maybe I want everyone to know that I am that woman. Fearless. Content. Having over come hardships.
I'm tired of being the girl cowering in the corner. Fingers shaking, eyes crazy, hair half held by a fraying and straining hair tie.