Chapter 18

Kimmon

"All in order?" Miss Ubon asked me noticing my expression of surprise.

"Uhm ..." I couldn't answer anything coherently, he could only see from my place the way Jay ran the chair for Copter to sit down. Since when do 16-year-old brats act so gallants?

I thought Copter would be smart enough not to fall for that old trick. But to my disappointment, he seemed delighted.

The rest of the night, I spent watching at Copter, I barely paid attention to my coworker. Although I didn't do it on purpose, every time I tried to look the other way, my eyes returned to Copter as if by inertia. He also looked at me from time to time, but still kept talking and laughing with Jay, see him so happy with another boy  was killing me inside. I wished I could talk to him so much ...

Suddenly, as if heaven had heard my request, Copter got up and gone to the bathroom, this was my chance.

I excused myself from Miss Ubon and with quick steps I followed Copter to the bathroom.

When I opened the door, he was washing his hands. My breath was cut when I see him. I know I said I wanted to talk to him but ... of what? What should I tell him?

"Copter ..."

"I know what you be thinking" Copter interrupted me "And the answer is no. I didn't follow you here"

"I didn't think about that" I said immediately. "I was only surprised to see you here, that's all."

"I know, I was surprised to see you too" he replied avoiding my eyes.

"I didn't think you like this kind of places"

"I don't like" Copter confessed with a half smile "But Jay wanted to come so I just came for him"

"Oh sure, you did it for Jay."

"And you? I guess you came to celebrate right?"

"I have nothing to celebrate" I said confused by his words. "Why do you say that?"

"Looks like you already have your 16th girlfriend. Should I congratulate you?"

I knew that Copter was going to misunderstand everything if he saw me with Miss Ubon. I wonder if he's jealous, that would be cute.

"She is not my girlfriend" I explained clearly.

"Why would you come to a restaurant like that with someone who isn't your girlfriend?"

"Well you're here with Jay" I said with annoyance. "Does that mean you two are dating?"

"I have no obligation to give you explanations" Copter snorted.

"Copter, don't behave like a child"

"Yes, I know, I am a child. No matter what I do, you will always see me as a silly child."

"It's not what I meant" I raised my voice a little

"Better I'm leaving, Jay is waiting for me" Copter turned his back on me to leave the bathroom. But in a desperate reaction I took him by the arm to prevent him from leaving.

Copter looked at me surprised and only then had I realized what I did.

Don't go, stay with me. I wanted to tell him that and much more, but I just couldn't do it.

"It's late, you should go home"

" Eh? Why?" Copter frowned confused.

I kept quiet and didn't answer.