Chapter 21

Kimmon

"And you're more relaxed?" I asked Bas giving him a glass of water. When I saw him at my door crying so inconsolably, I couldn't be more confused and scared.

Bas nodded without looking up. "Sorry, for coming here suddenly and doing such a scene. It's just that I can't talk about this with anyone else" he said in a trembling voice.

"Don't worry about that, but I want to know, why did you and Godt fight?"

Bas looked at me and I could see how little tears fell from his eyes again.

"It's not that we fought for something in particular"

"So?"

"I've already told you many times, P'Godt ... he shouldn't be with someone like me"

"What are you talking about Bas?" I asked indignantly, I could never understand why Bas constantly felt so inferior. "Godt loves you, I'm sure of that"

"I know" Bas whispered wiping away tears.

"If you know then why did you end up with Godt?" I asked even more confused.

"For his father" Bas replied "He does not agree with our relationship"

"Oh, I understand." Although I would have liked it, I couldn't say anything else, those kinds of people who believe they have the right to judge the love of others still exist despite the time we live in and it is very difficult to get them into reason.

"But, I understand P'Godt's father perfectly"

"Bas, I already told you that it is not like that"

"Just think about it, P'Godt is the heir of his successful company, he must marry a girl from his position and in turn, have his own children who also inherit it. It's natural."

"Support his son's happiness. That would be natural."

"But it won't be like that" Bas smiled sadly as if he was already resigned.

"I know, you can never make that man change his mind" I said honestly "That's why you should fight for your relationship"

Bas looked at me confused "Fight?"

"Yes, if you love Godt, you must do everything possible to be with him"

"But, I don't know how. I feel that whatever I do will only cause more problems."

"I wish I could help you more" I sighed "But I can only advise you this way"

Bas nodded with a disappointed expression.

"If it had been Copter, I would have devised some crazy plan to help you" I said with a smile. Lately every time I talk about Copter my smile appears automatically.

"Copter?" Bas asked "Your student?"

"Yes, well a lot of things happened and we became quite close"

"Oh yes? That's good"

"Yes and besides ..." I took a deep breath before daring to confess it for the first time out loud. "I'm in love with him, Bas."

Bas opened his eyes in surprise, I guess he didn't expect me to say something like that. He knows me well enough to know that I am not the kind of person who says this kind of thing.

"And Copter ...?"

"I was stupid enough to let him go" I admitted with a certain hatred towards myself. "Now I spend every day thinking about him, how I would like to have him by my side and missing him so much that he feels unbearable"