Chapter Fourteen: I Won't Say I'm In Love

Sean's POV

"lucky for you, mr. san jose asked for only minor punishments on your part. you will receive 4 days of internal suspension. you may not leave your dorm unless of emergency, effective tomorrow. do you understand?" the prinicipal said to me. i nodded. "you're dismissed. have a nice day, mr. lew."

i walked out of the office and to my dorm room. i know i had almost no right to be angry because all kenneth said was true. i didn't check on kaycee. i didn't care for her to my full extent. but now she was all i thought about. the guilt ate me alive and i wanted to apologize for everything but i couldn't. not when gabe could probably make the situation worse. not when gabe could harm her or me at any moment.

i took kaycee for granted and now i was paying for it as i watched her in another guy's arms. i was mad at ken. furious, actually. who was he to break bro code? he came when kaycee was most vulnerable and took care of her. she was looking for some type of love or care and he gave it to her.

it was true that i was with peyton all this time, but what he didn't know was that peyton was a distraction. when kaycee got suspended, she was all i thought about and i couldn't take it so i used peyton. i guess...overtime i actually started to enjoy her company. thoughts of kaycee lingered in the back of my head every day, eventually getting stronger the more i saw her, especially when i saw her with ken. so i snapped.

once i entered, i was welcomed by josh and julian. "hey, bro- woah, what happened?" julian asked seeing my few cuts and busted lip. i stayed silent and just racked my brain while leaning against the door.

"you fought him, didn't you?" josh asked breaking the silence. julian and i looked at him with furrowed brows. "what? you don't think i can read you? you saw ken with kayc and you lost your shit. didn't you?!" josh said angrily, walking over to me.

"he had it coming. he just suddenly swoops in and takes her under his wing." i said bitterly, getting my body off the door. josh shook his head in disbelief at me. why was everyone getting mad at me?!

"he didn't suddenly swoop in, sean. if you paid some fucking attention, maybe you would see that both ken and i have always been by kaycee's side ever since we met her. if you paid attention, you'd pick up her calls instead of letting peyton send them to voicemail or leave her texts read." josh said frustratedly. i was overcome with shock. how could she do this?

"oh you didn't know that, huh? and now you're mad because ken is even better in kaycee's eyes, saying he stole her. you sound just like gabe." he spat bitterly. julian put his hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"ho- how do you know that, about peyton?" i asked confused. josh sighed then sat down on the couch. "the girls never trusted her so they've been investigating. it took julian a while, but i believed them from the start. we think she's planning something with gabe, something against you. ever since kaycee got suspended, she's been stuck to you like glue..." josh explained.

"until a certain time of the day, 8:14pm. she leaves you then goes to a room in another hall, which we found out to be gabe's. i hate to say it, sean, but we think she's playing you for gabe's benefit." julian said softly with an apologetic look in his eyes. i sat on a stool defeated.

how could i have been so stupid? peyton's interest in me was so sudden. she had been acting weird the last couple times we hung out. i should've known something was up. then to have her distract me and let kaycee slip right through my fingers. i feel so stupid. betrayed.

i needed to fix this. fix it all. starting with ken.
~~~~next morning~~~~

Kaycee's POV