Chapter10: Life Saver

Oh. My. God.

I might have seen Ana get really angry sometimes, but I have never, seen Ana take on FIVE guys with so much anger.

As soon as the dude holding her said this, she jerked her leg backwards and hit him STRAIGHT at his point. She left him, crying in pain and collapsing. She screamed at me, “Call the police” before the other four guys could attack her.

With tear-stains on my face, I regained control and swiftly fished out my phone and dialled the emergency while Ana, ALONE, took on the four, smacking them all directly at their weak points.

WOW. The scene was so cool, I should have taped this.

OKAY JESSICA. SHUT. UP.

“H-h-h-e-l-l-l-l-o-o   P-o-o-l-l-i-c-c-e-e?” I stammered, unable to recover from bawling. “M-m-y-y f-r-r-i-i-e-n-n-d-s-s i-i-i-n-n t-t-t-t-r-r-o-ub-bl-l-l-e-e. G-g-g-a-n-n-g-g-s-s-t-t-t—e-r  a-t-t-t-tac-k-k-kin-g-g u-s-s...........”

This is so bad. I thought, whimpering with fear. Ana is alone handling five whole guys. She’s still fighting them. What if something happens? I cant even help. What if something happens to Ana? I could clearly see her showing signs of fatigue, and shuddered. She’ll soon fall down. What should i do? What should i do??

Looking around, i spotted a bundle of rods at a construction site nearby. I jumped up and grabbed 2-3 of those. Damn, these were really long and heavy. I aimed at the person who had caught Ana and swore at her. He was now up, still wincing in pain, but was positioning himself behind Ana, ready to grab her. I tip-toed behind him and WHAM!!

I whacked him straight on the head. He conked out and toppled to the ground. At that moment, three police officials came running and caught  four of the boys and hurled them into the police van. One of them came over and thanked Ana for calling them before it got too late. And then they locked the five guys in the van and sped off.

I fell onto the ground and started bawling. Too much was happening these days. Today was the worst. I couldn’t help defend my best friend, who was struggling with those monsters. What if something happened to her? If the police came even a minute late, I swear we would have been sacked and dead. Literally DEAD.

“Jessica, are you okay? Come on, it’s over!” Ana said, trying to reassure me. I just couldn’t handle it. It happened all of a sudden. It was so scary.

“B-b-but-t-t they ....y-y-ou-u—“ I burst out, crying even harder. Ana sighed and said, “Jessica, im fine. They didn’t do anything to me. Boys like that should be taught a lesson. And i did!” She raised her tone, trying to sound comical. I managed a smile.

“Enough of today’s incident. Lets go home...Hey! umm..can we sleepover at my place? It’ll be fun. PLEASEEEE??”

“Umm..sure. Gotta ask my dad first.” I fished out my phone, my second hero for the day and dialled home.

It kept ringing and ringing and ringing. God, somebody pick up the phone. “Hello?” It was my dad on the line. Go Figure.

“Dad hey!” I proclaimed, trying to sound cheerful. No way should he get to know about today. “Can i sleep over at Ana’s place? Today? Pleeeeeease?”

My dad seemd to be literally weighing the pro’s and con’s of sleeping over at Ana’s house, even though i’ve done that a million times. Typical father of mine.

“Okay. But don’t stay awake for long, don’t—“

“Yes dad, i know.” And hung up.

“So....?” Ana questioned, feeling wary.

“YES I CAN!!! But...you’re not calling any of ‘your boyfriends’ over. ” I’ve had enough with the males. I will pull out her hair if she DARES to call any of them.

“Yes ma’am.” She sighed.